“What a gorgeous hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 254 hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Gympie, Australia
“What a gorgeous hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

You really feel as though you are staying in a 5 star hotel here. We arrived late after a fight but the staff on reception had as check-in quickly. Our room was huge, on the same level as the pool which was very handy when we wanted a swim in the huge inviting pool.

We fancied a snack (it was 10pm) but not a full meal so we went to the beautiful bar on the ground floor and sunk into a lovely plump sofa and explained to the lovely hostesses (couldn't call them waitresses they were too beautifully dressed) and they produced a snack menu along with the drinks menu. We had 2 of the most delicious little freshly made hamburgers and fries beautifully presented on white plates and washed it down with 2 excellent glasses of Aussie red. Just what we wanted!

The breakfast buffet was one of the best I think I have ever seen (and I've seen a few) there was everything you could think of there, I love Indian food bit I wasn't up for it at breakfast unfortunately because it looked great. Stuck to the western which was very good, only lacked maple syrup for the naughty waffles (they had honey).

Ate at the french hotel restaurant one night, think it is called L'Hermitage. You really could have been sitting in a fine French restaurant in Paris, the decor was excellent, mirrors, Louis furniture, fresh flowers, just beautiful. Fabulous meal, with an amuse bouche to start and a sorbet between courses, really top notch stuff. Oh how could I forget the waiter was excellent as well, good English and happy to take a photo for us. Not that expensive for the quality of the food and the whole experience.

Every time we walked through the hotel we were greeted and smiled at by any staff we came across, even when we looked hot and exhausted! The concierge and his team were wonderful every time we asked a question they were happy to show us where to go and call us a taxis.

A really good big hotel experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
FSwoboda, General Manager at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Suzannah A,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review on us. We welcome all your feedback and comments. Thank you for the generally positive gestures and kind words and glad that you enjoyed the variety choices of our buffet breakfast and experienced the French-style fine dining at L'heritage Restaurant as its also an award winning restaurant.
We hope that you will find time to visit Kuala Lumpur soon and we look forward to serve you again.

1,291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
clinton md.u.s.a.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I booked a package trip flight & hotel with American express travel services 2 rooms 4 nites for 6 pax....I decided to book another room (3rd room )...the hotel is about 5 mins. walk to pavilion mall...mins drive to twin tower,royale chulan is indeed a 5 start hotel,very classy...we enjoyed our night out at the hotel heritage club with local and Filipino band...both band are great perform multi lingual song hits...dancing dining and drinking...we tour the twin tower is very pretty at night with different international restaurant, we took a guided day tour to batu cave,kll tower ..our room are very spacious and elegant,from room to hallway,to lobby lounge...definitely I recommend this hotel...honorable mention our guided tour is very knowledgeable of the area which he was born and raise...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FSwoboda, General Manager at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Perry986,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel. I am very pleased that you were well received at our hotel. Glad to know that you and the rest enjoyed your stay and were well entertained at the Heritage Club and had a memorable time visitng some of the city attractions. We are constantly upgrading our entertainment outlet inorder to satisfy the entertainment needs of all our internal guests locally and internationally.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope to be serving you again soon

Surabaya, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights and it was great! A five star hotel with a good location. I walked a couple minutes to reach the bridge that connect the Pavilion Malls and KLCC. No need to take a taxi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Large room, a balcony with a chair, a spacious bathroom (contains closet, standing shower, and a bathtub; all separated).Every morning, a newspaper is hung on our room's door. An ironing board, hairdryer, a foldable make up mirror; welcome fruit basket and hand towel came in nice packaging. Wifi is free, get the password from the receptionist. Overall, I found myself really enjoy to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Heni 888,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for making us your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur during your stay. Yes, the hotel location is very ideal as it is located just next to Bukit Bintang shopping areas and minutes away to KLCC.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Impressive hotel which has the wow factor when you walk in.

The check-in was fast and the staff very professional and efficient. It is only a short walk/taxi ride to the Petronas Towers and the KLCC. We stayed in the apartment accommodation which had two spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms, an equipt kitchen/diner with a washing machine, a lounge room and a balcony. This easily accommodated my group of 4 adults and 3 children, even though there was an initial mix up over the bedding configuration for my children (We ended up organising an extra cot bed for one of my children). The hotels IT staff also set up my free wifi very promptly and connected each of my devices.

The breakfast is the most impressive I have seen in my travels, with any food imaginable on offer. Everything was delicious too. The staff were also very friendly and welcoming for my children.

The pool area and gym are located on the same floor and the adults pool is adequate for guests and was never over-crowded. The childrens pool however is fairly small. There isn't much to do in the hotel for kids, but to be honest, we were out most of the time anyway so this did not matter.

Any request we gave the concierge to do with our room or travel bookings was met with the efficiency expected of a five star hotel and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Royale Chulan to any family travellers looking for a place to stay in the city centre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear GeezerInOz,

Thank you for staying at the Royale Chulan and on behalf of our team, may I say how grateful we are to hear of your positive experience in our hotel. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future and recommend this property to all your family and friends in Australia.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent 1 night in Kuala Lumpur, while returning from Langkawi. Rooms are luxurious, with spacious bathrooms, complete with a bathtub. Our room had a view of the twin towers which looked magnificent. Breakfast spread was nice. Service was prompt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
FSwoboda, General Manager at The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Buzzmanish,

Thank you for your kind words and vote of confidence in our service. We are constantly improving our services hence all honest feedback are taken seriously. We do hope that you will find time to visit Kuala Lumpur again and stay with us in order for us to serve you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

As with many hotels I stay in, I was delivering a training course, so I have a lot of interaction with the staff as well as sampling the hotels hospitality. On arrival my taxi could not get to the reception doors as the police had blocked the entrance due to the soon to arrive King of Malaysia. As soon as the hotel staff saw me getting out of the taxi with my suit case they were there to guide me to the reception desk with a smile and helpful questions. The staff were very attentive throughout my stay, especially with my requirements to room layout and facilities in the training room. My bedroom was very well appointed, large, and interesting as I could literally roll from my bed in the morning straight into the bath. A good range of food at meal times was available covering all cultures and tastes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear C4more,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and extending kind words to our associates. We constantly look forward to our guests’ feedback and comments in order to continuously improve our service standards. Our team is very grateful to hear of your good experience in our hotel. We hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I often stay this hotel when i go KL on business trip. This hotel is very near Pavilion Mall, and about 20 min away from KLCC, if with car, also easy go out from SMART or other highway , room big and nice. At night, u may see nice night view of Twin Tower. Room rate is very reasonable. One remind: no international adapter in room.The room card is plain, where no hotel name on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear White J,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for making us your preferred hotel in Kuala Lumpur during your stay. We are indeed very pleased to hear that you had taken advantage of most of our ‘plus points’ and we hope that you will find time to visit us again soon.
We take your comments very seriously and will continuously improve to meet our guests’ satisfaction. Looking forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Kuala Lumpur.

Franz Swoboda

Been to The Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur? Share your experiences!