“Exquisite Yum Cha” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Exquisite Yum Cha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Savoured some of the finest yum cha I have possibly ever had. Each of the dishes were exquisitely favoured and the char siu pao( my favourite ever) was simply incredible. My colleague paid the bill but whatever the price, was simply worth it.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“Walked out due to poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

It is quite interesting to read the comments of the last guest who submitted their review for Shang Palace just over a month ago to see that their experience was the same as mine. I stayed at the Shangri La Hotel and decided to visit Shang Palace for dim sum. The dim sum is A La Carte. We ordered our food then waited for 40 minutes. We asked at 15 minutes and just after 30 minutes about our order and we were told that it was coming. I noticed other tables of guests who had arrived long after us being served food. I walked out after 40 minutes and eventually went to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Lai Po Heen Restaurant instead where the service was good and the food was good.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bonn
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We visited this restaurant with some friends and were all rather disappointed. Service was slow and not particularly friendly. The food was much too expensive for what we got and was certainly not up to the standard we expected. We had an appetizer platter to start with - that was OK, but the main dishes were nothing to write home about. Our Peking duck was cold and incomptently served by a trainee. The prawns and meat dish were ok but nothing exciting. All in all, a disappointing evening.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Haven't been here in ages. Used to come with my parents and liked the four seasons platter, the abalone and the...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

Haven't been here in ages. Used to come with my parents and liked the four seasons platter, the abalone and the sharksfin ( which I'm giving up under pressure from my tree-hugging son :))