I stayed here for two nights. With the 5-star embellishment and a promise of luxury, I had expected great things. Perhaps to differentiate from the other two establishments nearby and its close proximity to all shopping that one can do. Check-in services were good, and the place does have a sense of class but lacking that sense of awe and wonderment. The room was pretty, spacious and well equipped with all the everyday necessities, and as clean as it could be. We left the room in the morning at around 9 AM for our engagements, and returned at about 4.30 PM to rest, wash-up in preparation for the evening’s events. And guess what? The room was still in a mess, and house-cleaning was clearly amiss. Almost eight hours has passed and there was no sign of attendance. At approximately 5 PM, somebody budged in through the door without knocking, and you have guessed it!! The cleaners have arrived, just as we were settling down. They were instructed to return in an hour’s time. We left at 6 PM so as to allow the cleaning to be done. At 7.30PM, we returned and….the room was still exactly as it was two hours ago!! We decided to depart for the evening after a quick wash-up, and proceeded to inform the reception that the room does need cleaning. We return to the room later in the evening and hesitantly opened the door, expecting the ‘expected’ but breathe a sigh of relief that it was finally done. A letter to the hotel only solicited a pathetic excuse from the management, that the cleaners need to do the ‘occupied’ rooms last, whilst the recently vacated rooms get done first. Does it need eight hours?! I have seen better cleaning services in two-star establishments. There are better 5-star hotels elsewhere and you pay less for it.
- Also Known As:
- The Gardens Hotel And Residences
- Gardens Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Gardens Hotel Residences
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to meet the needs of business and leisure travellers who seek an enhanced stay, The Gardens Hotel & Residences - St Giles Luxury Hotel is centrally located in the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur within the precinct of The Gardens, Mid Valley City. Its strategic location combined with unpretentious and warm Malaysian hospitality transforms your ordinary hotel stay into a totally fulfilling experience. The hotel's 647 premier accommodations with 448 elegantly furnished guestrooms at The Gardens Hotel and 199 luxuriously spacious fully serviced residences at The Gardens Residences provides total comfort in well-designed and contemporary decor. Privacy is assured for hotel and residences guests as there are separate entrances and lobbies for each and yet access to facilities is seamlessly linked through the 5th and 6th floors of the complex. The Gardens Hotel & Residences - St Giles Luxury Hotel is the first hotel in Malaysia to offer a non smoking environment throughout its guestrooms and enclosed areas. Linked to The Gardens Mall, it is surrounded by a shopping haven featuring key tenants in the form of Robinsons, Isetan, Premier Golden Screen Cineplex as well as over 200 premium branded boutiques and international offices in The Gardens North & South Towers. Undoubtedly, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur is one of Malaysia's favourite destinations providing the most compelling leisure, hospitality, retail and office opportunity in South East Asia. With so much to offer and the world at your doorstep, The Gardens Hotel and Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel is a smart and inspired choice to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Gardens Hotel & Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.