My family (me, wife and 2 kids) stayed at The Garden Residence for 2 nights on Mar 23 to 25 during school holiday weekend. We family selected this The Garden because we wanted to do some shopping at MidValley and visiting relatives near this area and the hotel has received good reviews at Tripadvisor. As we need 2 rooms, we opted for the The Garden Residence's two bedroom apartment suites.
Bad experience with this hotel started the moment we arrived. We drove to Kuala Lumpur with our family car and on arrival at the apartment/ hotel, we are told there is no dedicated hotel parking but has to use the common car-park of The Garden shopping center. Parking is extremely difficult to get on a busy Saturday and has to wait very long before one become available. If you are driving, I would suggest anyone to avoid this hotel as parking become a big hassle if you drive in and out.
Nothing in this hotel that meet my modest expectation.
1. For breakfast, the Garden Residence has a different breakfast spread compare with the hotel. Don't opt for breakfast as this will be dissapointing.
2. The hotel furniture is pretty old and little worn out. Also the chair and sofa is dusty.
3. Housekeeping service is slow as they seems to rely the staff from the Hotel to serve the Residence which is about 400m away.
Certainly, this hotel is not worth the high price that we have paid for. I regretted chosing this hotel and will not recommend anyone to stay here. There are plenty of choices in KL, even during peak holiday period. I would suggest you shop carefully.
- Also Known As:
- The Gardens Hotel And Residences
- Gardens Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Gardens Hotel Residences
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to meet the needs of business and leisure travellers who seek an enhanced stay, The Gardens Hotel & Residences - St Giles Luxury Hotel is centrally located in the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur within the precinct of The Gardens, Mid Valley City. Its strategic location combined with unpretentious and warm Malaysian hospitality transforms your ordinary hotel stay into a totally fulfilling experience. The hotel's 647 premier accommodations with 448 elegantly furnished guestrooms at The Gardens Hotel and 199 luxuriously spacious fully serviced residences at The Gardens Residences provides total comfort in well-designed and contemporary decor. Privacy is assured for hotel and residences guests as there are separate entrances and lobbies for each and yet access to facilities is seamlessly linked through the 5th and 6th floors of the complex. The Gardens Hotel & Residences - St Giles Luxury Hotel is the first hotel in Malaysia to offer a non smoking environment throughout its guestrooms and enclosed areas. Linked to The Gardens Mall, it is surrounded by a shopping haven featuring key tenants in the form of Robinsons, Isetan, Premier Golden Screen Cineplex as well as over 200 premium branded boutiques and international offices in The Gardens North & South Towers. Undoubtedly, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur is one of Malaysia's favourite destinations providing the most compelling leisure, hospitality, retail and office opportunity in South East Asia. With so much to offer and the world at your doorstep, The Gardens Hotel and Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel is a smart and inspired choice to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Gardens Hotel & Residences-St Giles Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.