“OverPrice” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Madam Kwan, Mid Valley Megamall

Madam Kwan, Mid Valley Megamall
Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, | F-052, 1st Floor Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur 59200, Malaysia
Improve this listing
Ranked #313 of 2,518 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“OverPrice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Waiter/waitress are very slow in allocating seats to the customers, not so friendly staff, pre cooked local food (cheap ingredient) but charging 5 stars (quality + quantity) price, I would say this place is not worth visiting.
Food is not freshly prepared, mostly precooked food, the dishes are cold when served on the table, totally dissapointed !!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“One of my must have meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nasi Bojari is my favourite. Huge piece of perfectly fried chicken drum with sambal prawns & beef rendang & fried rice. Loved their chendol too. Both were pretty big portions - I would suggest you share.

Visited September 2012
Makati, Philippines
“We're Just Really Hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

It was pretty much a very attractive place to dine. There were lots of people waiting in line to be seated. But I was expecting great and fast service from staff, but instead I was quite disappointed. There were several lousy waiters and waitresses to ask for our orders. We were actually sitting at out table for quite some time with no one entertaining us. I understand there were a lot of people, but in the restaurant business it always comes within the territory. You must be prepared to deal with everything quickly and be able to multitask jobs. In the end, the customers are ultimately the one who's running the business.

We managed to get a good laugh with the food though. It was served neatly and taste is impeccable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bekasi
“Enjoy Malay food in comfortable place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My first visit to Madam Kwan's was the one in KLCC. It was our honeymoon and my husband really enjoyed that. His favorite dish is Mushroom chicken rice, while mine is the Laksa and Sambal Bilis. Ever since then, we always visit Madam Kwan's.

The latest visit to KL, I found out that there's Madam Kwan's in Pavilion, Bukit Bintang. It was situated in the lower ground floor, at the same level as other food court or restaurants. In here, the place is a bit too dark. Yet it is also as busy as the one in KLCC.

One thing that you need to consider is the queue line. It is always full (at least the one in KLCC) and usually it takes 30 minutes before you get seats. There are some wooden chairs with cushions for people waiting before they are seated. So if you're in a rush, don't go to this restaurant during peak hour (lunch time/dinner time).

The food is Malay taste, as far as I can say. And the important thing for me that the place is comfortable.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Overrated Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I visited the Madam Kwan's restaurant at Mid Valley, and ordered the Nasi Lemak and some other dishes with friends. It was supposed to be the best nasi lemak as endorsed by the tourism agency of the Malaysian government.

However, when the nasi lemak arrived, it wasn't too great. Perhaps I had high expectations because of the endorsement. Don't get me wrong, it tasted alright. Just over-rated, as I had eaten similar type of nasi lemak, and they are equal or better, yet they don't "win" any award.

As for ambience, there were none. Too busy a place, even at 2-3pm on a week day. If you want a nice meal with friend, try elsewhere, it is too busy for you to want to stay and have a nice chat with friends and relatives.

• Visited July 2012