My husband and I stayed in this hotel on our first trip to Japan, arriving into Osaka. Since it was the first hotel we stayed in, we just took it as wonderful friendly, clean, hospitable Japanese, but soon learned after staying in Hiroshima and Tokyo just how wonderful the Dotonbori hotel is. It really sets the standard for other hotels in Japan. Some key points:
1. Yes the rooms are small - that's just Japan. It's cute, and it really shows you that you can still provide great features in a small space. It just teaches you to be "tidier" with your luggage.
2. Food - The breakfasts are very tasty and they do their best to provide a number of Western and Asian options. We were always very impressed with the quality and variety. There's also some of the best food in Osaka close by for you to try. The ocotopus balls are amazing, and lots of bars, noodle places, sushi and the convenience store across the road in case you want a snack!
3. The location - it's a very colourful district of Osaka, but friendly, vibrant, exciting and very close to the station. The hotel even gives free bikes to use - which is a great way for a local explore
4. The staff - by far the most friendliest, helpful, wonderful Japanese who were so eager to please and ensure we were happy.
5. Facilities - Free washing liquid was perfect (other hotels don't do this, and it is annoying having to buy a large container that you won't use much of). We also appreciated the flowers left in our room welcoming us on our honeymoon.
I picked this hotel due to the Trip Advisor rating and I was not disappointed. Trust me, stay at this hotel and it will be a wonderful experience in Japan.
We chose semi-double and it suited a couple just fine. Just expect small (and be amazed at what the...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for choosing Dotonbori Hotel.
All staff is delighted to get your great review.
It really encourage the staff who should aim high quality service.
As you wrote,we provide many different kind of service.
Because,all guest has expectation.
Therefore we are supposed to provide Japanese hospitality to all guest.
Japanese Autumn is the same beautiful as cherry blossam.
Maple is very beautiful.Have you seen them?
I suggest,if you have chance to next visit.
We will welcome your visit then.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.