“Good hotel in a perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tennoji Miyako Hotel

You added Tennoji Miyako Hotel to your Saves list
Tennoji Miyako Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-2-8 Matsuzakicho, Abeno-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 545-0053, Japan   |
Ranked #50 of 266 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Nabire, Indonesia
“Good hotel in a perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice hotel with generous sized rooms and good on site facilities. The main reason we booked this hotel was it's location. It's connected to the JR Tennoji train station and subway system so has direct access to the airport and city. It really doesn't get any more convenient, you don't even have to go outside!

The in-room internet is the fastest I've ever seen but requires you to plug the cable into your laptop. No in room wifi so no good for iPhones/iPads (unless you use your laptop as a hotspot).

Other than no in-room wifi, I really couldn't fault this hotel in any other way.

Room Tip: A room towards the back of the hotel would be better as you can hear the road noise from the rooms a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The hotel is located just opposite to JR Tennoji Station. Shopping malls nearby & lots of local restaurants (operate at night) at the back site of hotel. The hotel room is big, nice & clean. Hotel staff is nice & friendly. This hotel do have a car-park next to hotel building. However, better to reserve the car-park while making hotel reservation & get the special parking rate from hotel which is much much cheaper

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Take the train from the airport direct to Tennoji Station. Exit near platform 19 and turn left, walk straight for about 50metres and cross the pedestrian crossing, immediately turn right and cross the pedestrian crossing across the main road outside the station. You will see a small red sign above glass sliding doors 'tennoji hotel'. The bed is comfortable. The temperature inside was unbearable and we were unable to sleep from being too hot. I think they overcompesated as it was 3c outside. There was no temperature control in the room, the hotel controlled the entire floor. They suggested to open the window, which I did and kept open all night and the room was still very hot.
The breakfast was ok, they cook fresh eggs. Coffee was nice.
Great spot to walk around. We ate on levels 10 and 11 of Mio - a big shopping centre directly across the road. There are bars and karake places around the corner - turn left and left at the next road as you walk out the hotel. The Osaka loop line on platform 18 takes you to Osaka. I highly recommend the JR pass, it's awesome.
I would stay at this hotel again. Thank you Tennoji!

• Stayed December 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I chose this hotel based on it's location - just across the street from the Tennoji train station. The room was very clean, and spacious enough for a solo traveller. The bathroom was more than adequate, and the shampoo & conditioner made my hair silky soft! I also like that they were in large refillable bottles, rather than wasteful teeny ones.

I went to the bar one night, and the service was excellent, with little snacks, mineral water, and a lovely view, although it does come with a hefty "table charge", even though I was sitting at the bar. OK for groups or couples, but a little steep for one person enjoying a glass of champagne.

The staff were unfailingly polite, although I didn't have to test their English skills, as I am lucky enough to know enough basic Japanese to check in, ask for luggage to be stored etc. I will stay here again, based on the proximity to the train station, the efficient service, and the clean room. It's not a flash hotel, but very good for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Placed right opposite the tennoji station, this hotel is perfect spot for train to/from airport. Therefore also convenient to subway to get around Osaka. Very comfortable, been here in summer and winter. Rooms away from station are quieter.

• Stayed December 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I usually stay in a hotel in Shinsaibashi when I am in Osaka. This time that hotel was booked so my colleagues arranged for me to stau at the Tennoji Miyako. At first when I arrived, I admit I was disappointed. The location looked grim, and the hotel seemed to lack any identiy as it was in a building with restaurants and other outlets. When I entered my room I was also disappointed as the view overlooked Tennoji train station which was an ugly view and very noisy. I stayed there 4 nights. By the end of the stay I had however changed my opinon and sw the hotel in a more positive light. First, the breakfast each day was excellent. Lots to eat, good variety and very tasty. Second, the hotel being directly opposite a train station is very handy. It also allowed me to take the train to Kansai airport which took 40 mins at 1,600 yen, rather than a taxi for an hour journey at 16,000 yen. The room was also OK as it was cleaned well and I received a courtesy newpaper every day. The staff were very, very helpful, and very polite and efficient. So, overall, my initial disappointment turned into a satisfied experience. Meaning, that I would recommend this place as a business hotel.

Room Tip: Make use of Tennoji train station rather than take taxis. However, try to get a room which does not...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with a friend in this hotel whilst visiting Osaka and the surrounding area including a daytrip to Hiroshima. Leaving Tennoji station by its eastern exit, one will see a door with a red awning above it across the road and slightly to the left. This is the hotel entrance,

The hotel was immaculate as per Japanese standards. The service at reception was impeccable even if the receptionist could not speak much English. The lift to the rooms has to be one of the smoothest I've ever travelled in, and I've travelled in a few within tall buildings in my time,

My room was on the 14th floor and had a magnificent view over a good part of Osaka as well as nearby Tennoji railway station! One of my minor criticisms comes here, and that the room wasn't double-glazed. This meant that I could hear traffic and trains albeit quite faint. I suspect lower rooms would suffer from more noise however. Not a big deal, just a minor point.

The toilet had a heated seat! I thought "only in a Japanese hotel!" however the toilet lid was a bit flimsy and even my weak hands managed to break it one morning! No sweat as it was repaired by the time I returned in the evening. The shower and bath were perfectly adequate,

I can't comment on food as I had booked room-only and went out every day for breakfast and dinner. Japanese food is among the best in the world; many Westerners would probably disagree with me there though!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stayed in southern Japan and the Hotel Miyako Tennoji made it just that bit more enjoyable. A minor point; next time there I'll take the time to check out the fitness facilities as sadly I did not do so this time,

By the way, as other reviews have stated, there are 2 different trains running from Tennoji to Kansai Airport. The slower but cheaper of the two takes an hour but is 600-700 yen cheaper. The Haruka takes just 32-35 minutes. If the machines at the station confuse you, just ask the station staff who are willing to help,

Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Tennoji Miyako Hotel? Share your experiences!