“Small rooms, convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi

You added Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi to your Saves list
Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-4-10 Minami-Semba , Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0081, Osaka Prefecture (Formerly Chisun Hotel Shinsaibashi) (Shinsaibashi / Nanba / Tennoji / South Area)   |
Ranked #202 of 266 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
3.0 of 5 stars 22 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Small rooms, convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As previously shared, rooms are small, just like budget hotel rooms in Singapore and Busan. For an Asian woman like me, room size is just enough, but I was staying alone. For a more comfortable stay, best to have a room to yourself. But if in a budget, can be shared.

The room is equipped with toiletries, bathrobe, slippers, hair dryer, kettle, ref, etc. Toilet has bath tub, Japanese bidet and shower. They were able to create a cabinet as well for wardrobes that you needed to be hung.

The noise is indeed an area for improvement as anyone who passes by or stays along the hallways can be heard; also those who open their windows.

Location is very good, as long as you understand the Osaka subway/train routes. Hotel itself is right across Crysta Nagahori, a subway 'mall' or at least a long strip of shops underground that brings you to Nagahoribashi station (closest-2min walk) or Shinsaibashi station (10-15 walk underground). Best exits are the north exits of Crysta Nagahori (3 or 5).

From Kansai airport, best to take the Rapi:t express/limited express to Tengachaya station then change line (Sakaisuji line) to Nagahoribashi. These routes have elevators which are useful if you have luggages. From subway, in particular, the Crysta Nagahori North 4 exit has elevator, nest hotel is at the right side after crossing a small street (opposite direction to Tokyu Hands).

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
nesthotel大阪心斎橋, マネージャー at Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for using our hotel and writing a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay a lot. We look forward your next visit when you come to Osaka.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in a semi double room for a night and the room is really small. I can hardly move after placing my luggage. Things in the room are broken, such as the sink and the water boiler. the room is super duper hot but you cant adjust.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying our hotel and writing a review. We are sorry about the inconvenience during your stay. Each room is going to be under renovation from next year. We look forward your next visit.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

This hotel was terrible it more resembles a prison cell or an ancient college dorm room. The room was by far the smallest I experienced in Japan. I don't need a huge room as I'm not in there very much. But when you can barely get the door open because the suitcases are in the "hallway" it is too small. My wife and I had to co-ordinate to figure out who would get dressed first as it wasn't possible to do at the same time unless one stood on the bed. The bed was awful I didn't get one decent sleep. It was like sleeping on a box spring not an actual mattress. The walls were beat on with black marks and dirt everywhere. Probably from poor people trying to get their suitcases in the room. The bathroom wasn't any better, small, no fan to get rid of the humidity probably what caused the mold. The walls were paper thin in the room and you can hear everything going on in the rooms besides you. This hotel needs to close down a floor at a time and start doing renovations as this place is WELL past it's prime and I am being generous. Honestly the only good things I can say are good location and the front desk staff are fantastic and helpful.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
nesthotel大阪心斎橋, マネージャー at Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Thank you for using our hotel and writing a review. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Actually,we are doing renovation next year and we look forward your next visit if you have an opportunity.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I would choose this hotel if I am visiting Osaka again. As of asian woman size, everything was in perfect fit for me. I booked a single room, but the bed can accomodate 2 people of my size. Location of this hotel is great, everything is in walking distance. The staffs are friendly, nop, super friendly.
The only thing I was not happy with is the walls are too thin. One can hear clearly what people said in the corridor. So please, if you are staying in this hotel, lower your voice when you are going back to your room coz the hotel cannot do anything of it.

Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for using our hotel and writing a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward your next visit to Osaka.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Basically as you would expect from a business hotel in Japan: small, tidy, comfortable. Staff was helpful to me and spoke English well enough. There was no wifi available in the room (only in the lobby). Also, breakfast was not included, but could be purchased.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
nhos07, マネージャー at Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Thank you for using our hotel and writing a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Free Wi-Fi has been available since this August and we are in no doubt to say you can stay more comfortably next time. We are waiting for your next visit.
Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had a one night stay at this hotel in April 2014. Location of this hotel is ok. Clean room, quite small, old fashioned and a bit shabby. No wifi in the room, only in the lobby area. Not very good air condition in the room.

Reception personnel not very friendly. OK for short stay, but I try to find more comfortable hotel next time (where also personnel is more service oriented).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for using our hotel and writing a review.
If you felt uncomfortable during your stay, we do appogise for that.
Actually, Free Wi-Fi has been available in every room from this August.
We will do our best to make our hotel better and thank you very much for pointing it out.
We are waiting for your next coming when you have another opportunity to come to Japan.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

It's a budget/business hotel, I get it.

I stayed mostly in this type of hotels in Japan and this is by far the worst. The room is smaller than most budget hotels (how is that even possible??) And you can barely stand straight in the washroom.

The room did not feel clean, there were dirty markings on the wall that one side of the bed was pushed against.

The worst of everything is the noise. The walls are so thin I literally heard every word the woman in the next room was saying when I was sleeping. I didn't even mean muffled sound, it was just straight out noise and they weren't even being loud.

The location was the only redeeming factor, within walking distance to the shopping/restaurant area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for using our hotel and wrting a review.
I am really sorry for uncomfortableness during your stay.
We will do our best to make our hotel much better that every customer can stay more comfortably.

Been to Nest Hotel Shinsaibashi? Share your experiences!