“A unique and friendly bar” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 61 Activities in Osaka
4.5 of 5 stars 128 Reviews
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: Space Station is a place where you can enjoy old and new video games while drinking in a bar setting. While the majority of video game bars in Japan have some kind of seating charge, Space Station is very proud to allow free entry. Customers pay only for the drinks. Space Station has the following game machines: Famicom, N.E.S., Genesis, Super Famicom, Super Nintendo, Dreamcast, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Wii, and Wii U. We also provide the Oculus Rift for customers to experience. Close to JR Namba station, as well as Namba subway station.* Owner's addendum: As Space Station climbs the TripAdvisor rankings thanks to the kind reviews of customers, new travelers are coming to Space Station with high expectations. I hope and believe that your expectations will be met when you visit but I have noticed that many patrons are surprised by the size of the bar. Keep in mind that Space Station is a small bar space where there are seats for exactly 16 customers and standing room for perhaps an additional 10 to 15 (max).The bar is open every day 8pm-2am.
Osaka, Japan
“A unique and friendly bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Space Station is an incredibly fun place to go and relax, have some (reasonably priced) drinks, meet friends, and of course play the games of yesteryear.

The decor is video game themed, and I was really impressed with the large range of games and game consoles available, even moreso considering they're free to play.

Also, the staff were very friendly, and made me feel at home there. All in al, highly recommended!

Oxford, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Went to the Video Game Bar Space Station last night and I have to say it was one of the best nights we've had in Japan. Matt the owner has amassed a huge and impressive collection of video games from years gone by as well as newer games. Matt has some good drinks and draft beer to boot. I don't think everybody gets as drunk as we did however it helped with a bit of competition in the gaming front!
I'm not a gamer but had a brilliant night playing on stuff I haven't seen since I was a kid.
Takes 10 minutes max to walk from Namba JR station and is situatued above the vest burger joint in the history of the planet. Best burgers we've ever had, and Matt doesn't mind you eating them in the bar.

Visited October 2013
Matt_Bloch, Owner at Video Game Bar Space Station, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good times last night! Thanks very much for the positive review.
Port Hedland, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Fun bar in Osaka”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Very helpful owner gave us some directions when we were a bit lost so we thought we'd check it out. Its small with the super friendly staff vibe continuing on arrival. Played some games drank some beer nice joint to put ur feet up and catch your breath from the surrounding craziness.

Visited October 2013
“Great Little Place to Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had to visit this bar after it was rated number 1 attraction on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed. Owner Matt is a wealth of knowledge on the local area and is a most welcoming host. Drinks are cheap and games are fun.

Visited October 2013
Matt_Bloch, Owner at Video Game Bar Space Station, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for the bar. I'm glad you enjoyed Space Station.
New Westminster, Canada
66 attraction reviews
“If there's a better name for an establishment, I haven't seen it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately they are very clique-ish in there. We wanted to spend some time hanging out in there but we were pretty much completely ignored. We stood around waiting to be acknowledged to no avail. We spent some time looking around, sat on the couch and waited longer but the bartender didn't bother stopping her conversation for a second to see to us.
I wouldn't go back as I'm not part of their clique and actually expect service when I enter a place with the intent to spend money.

Visited October 2013
Matt_Bloch, Owner at Video Game Bar Space Station, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
:( Heads will roll! Sorry to hear that you were neglected by the staff. I wonder how it is you were overlooked. Please come back tonight if you would. I will be working.