“Hard to find and a little dry” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 214 Attractions in Osaka
Type: Museums
Vancouver, Canada
110 attraction reviews
“Hard to find and a little dry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

First of all, it took me forever to find this place. I didn't expect it to be on the 8th floor of a building. I know the address says that, but I wasn't really paying attention. Once I figured that out, got there no problem. However, it was a lot smaller than I imagined and a little dry. I walked around the place in about 30 minutes, and just kept making circles because I didn't expect to get done so fast. I didn't do the kimono experience, but I'm not sure that would've made it any more exciting. It was lack luster for me, but kids seemed to be enjoying it.

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Memorable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Downloaded the trip advisor ap on my phone and checked on the reviews on this museum. I agree with almost everyone that this is an excellent experience. Affordable, only 600 yen for the entrance and 200 yen to rent a Kimono. Wearing the kimono while touring around the old Japan village is such a memorable experience. I will recommend this place to anyone who will visit Osaka.

Singapore, Singapore
4 attraction reviews
“Best museum in Osaka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Get to experience edo period, learn about its history and there's exhibition. Didn't get to try the kimono, but definitely a great experience wearing the kimono and walking around the street.

The museum is located beside the longest shopping street in Japan. The tall building just right outside the station after you exited.

Singapore, Singapore
31 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is the place where you can rent their historic clothes and stroll around the EDO-period structure. Even better you can actually enter this place.
Special feature of the museum will turn the day into night. it's like fast forward the time.
I did the funniest thing with the tools and also i accidentally step inside the Edo-period toilet. haha

Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Osaka's hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I visited the museum after reading reviews from tripadvisor, and boy was I glad I checked this place out. Admission is reasonable, and I had the funnest time taking pictures and walking around in a kimono. I rented the audio guide for 100Yen. The Museum is close to a shopping district there is always shopping afterwards.

Visited January 2014