“New and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of remm Shin Osaka

You added remm Shin Osaka to your Saves list
remm Shin Osaka
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-1-1 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka 532-0003, Osaka Prefecture   |
Ranked #15 of 266 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
4.0 of 5 stars 270 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
“New and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This place is on a central exit from Shinkansen station. The reception is located on 12 floor. It is new and modern style. The room size is a little bigger especially bathroom. They separate bath/shower room from toilet. It is clean and has a view of shin-Osaka station. I like this hotel and will come back again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Sorry for the cheesy title but this place is absolutely remarkable!

I wasn't supposed to stay here and was booked in another hotel. However, I read somewhere that if you plan to take the shinkansen on day tours of the surrounding areas of Kansai from Osaka (Kyoto, Kobe, Hiroshima in our case), it would make more sense staying beside Shin-Osaka rather having to take the subway to the station everyday. And that's what I did.

Via Inn Shin-Osaka which I tried earlier, would've been a nice alternative but, I'm glad I stumbled into this hotel. It is the most convenient to access from Shin-Osaka as its entrance is snuck within one of the station's many corridors. That is particularly convenient when it is cold or raining outside. What's more, the station provides a myriad of not so fancy dining options, which is perfect for us.

The people manning the reception were very accommodating. When I was informed that the room to be occupied by my kids was on a different floor than that assigned to me and my wife, I requested that they find rooms on the same floor. They frantically did, consulting what seemed to be their superior, until they found one suitable to our needs.

Not only did the rooms turn out to be suitable in location, they also turned out to be suitable in every other way. First, they were more spacious than what was the norm for hotel rooms in Japan (I have slept in 4 other properties prior to coming here). Even the bathroom was at least twice as big as the others. Second, it had other amenities you wouldn't find in other properties like a massage chair and a 'rain shower.' It even had a minimalist modern look that I like!

Priced just right, I'd stay here again given the chance to return to Osaka.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked this hotel simply because I needed to take a Shinkansen to Hiroshima. I ended up love it so much I booked it again.
location-The hotel is on the Shin-Osaka station so very convenient for Shinkansen and what I discovered the second time around was it's a very easy train ride from Kyoto - 15 minutes. It's a great alternative if you can't find a decent hotel in Kyoto you can afford. The subway to Namba is also very easy. There're a lot of shops and restaurants at the station.
Staff-very polite, very attentive. No problem using English.
hotel-new, modern, less is more kind of decor through out. The entrance is on the 3rd floor near the Shinkansen ticket office. The lobby on the 12th floor is small but they have a big room to store your luggage. I left mine for 2 days and they charged ¥100 (so cheap that I couldn't see the point).
room-I decided to pay a little extra for twin corner room for single use. I think the room is a bit too small for 2 people but a nice size for 1. The view is great especially at night with the city light around you. Surprisingly very quiet. Good functional design but I didn't get the idea of the hideous message chair.
bathroom-definitely the hilight, big and open, great if you're the only one in the room. Standing under the rain shower with all the lights off except the small reading lights and all the curtain up with the city lights around you is an experience in itself.
breakfast-at the small restaurant on the 3 floor, good variety and quality. Cost only ¥1,000.
I definitely recommend this hotel especially if you plan to travel around this area by train or Shinkansen.

Room Tip: -the corner room is worth paying more for
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Southern Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great location above Shin Osaka train station. Food available in station (an entire floor dedicated to restaurants). Shopping available on other floors. Nothing (nothing) in surrounding area, but a few subway stops to all areas of Osaka so you can find anything you need. JR available so easy to get to Kobe and Kyoto. We used JR to and from airport to Osaka station, then subway to Shin Osaka station. Around 15USD per person each way. Read other's reviews for information on how to get to the hotel, but it's easy and straight forward.

Modern style hotel, room and furnishings. Typical small room with limited space for luggage (and we only use carry-on). Bed was small (double) but comfortable. Lighting sufficient with controls next to bed. Refrigerator (but too small to really be of any use). Two free bottles of water each day. Room cleaned and made up each day. Ample towels. Shower has both 2 position hand-held nozzle and a rain head. Very relaxing and even has a plastic stool to sit on.

In room safe for security. Toilet amenities inclued heated toilet seat w/ bidet, tooth brush w/ paste, hair brush, blow dryer and razors. Pump bottles of shampoo (almond), conditioner and body wash (chamomile). Great city view from room (view goes through bathroom as bathroom walls are glass). Windows do not open but A/C works fine.

Some English spoken at front desk but limited. Staff tried to be helpful and meet our needs. Breakfast buffet looked inviting, but too expensive (compared to other options in station) to try.

WiFi cost for in-room connection but wired is free. Bring along a 10' cable and you can use laptop or tablet anywhere in room. 230V with US style (2 prong) connection.

This was a great stay and a much better hotel than we've stayed in on previous visits for a comparable price. I would definately stay here again as a couple. Probably not as a solo (I'm more frugal without the wife). I recommend it as a trouble free relaxing hotel with great subway/train access for those not wanting to spend a lot for a very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Throughout the planning for our trip to Japan, I had my eye on Remm Shin-Osaka due to its proximity to the Shinkansen and other train services, though initially there was no availability for our chosen dates, so we'd booked elsewhere. Persistence paid off, however, and a month before our arrival, the room type we'd been scoping out popped up on Remm's booking engine, so I grabbed it, albeit at the pricey rate JPY21,000 for 2 of the four nights of our stay.

It's been worth every penny, though. We've hopped across to Kyoto a couple of times, out to Himeji and Kobe, and we'll leave our bags here tomorrow while we hop out to Hiroshima to the Mazda Museum (visited the peace memorial on our last visit to Japan), picking them up as we change trains here for Tokyo. Staying at Shin-Osaka, what a masterstroke!

As others have said, arriving from the airport, the hotel WAS difficult to find. From the Shinkansen, it's easy. Just take the Central Gate exit and turn right!

But the Kansai airport limited express Haruka drops you in the main JR station. From here (platform 11), take the "East" exit, turn right and follow the walkway for a hundred metres or so, taking a right into the large plaza just past the calligraphy store. You'll find the Shinkansen "Central" gate on your right and the Remm entry straight ahead of you.

We arrived at Remm on Friday, 22 February after 18 hours in transit from Australia. After an initial flat out "no" to our request for an early check-in, I pushed, stressing how tired we were after our long flight. In spite of being fully booked, the reception staff went out of their way to get us into our room inside half an hour, which included a rushed cleaning job! We were more than happy to pay the modest early check-in fee - I just needed that pillow! (Thank you so much for going above and beyond!)

The room has been fantastic, if small, but with comfortable beds and a choice of three types of pillow available from housekeeping. Lots of gadgets, including powered black-out blinds that slide back behind the flat-screen TV!

Only a few slight negatives:
- tiny and unnecessarily separate toilet cubicle;
- dust bunnies under the bed, exposed when shuffling things slightly for better use of the small space;
- no spoon to stir tea and coffee. Cups and a kettle are provided, but for tea bags, just pop down to reception. Even though the fridge is just a tiny drawer, it happily took the full litre carton of milk we bought.

Finally, the massage chair just got in the way - a regular chair to use at the desk would have been much more useful. In fact, the lack of a desk chair and hence somewhere to work was the one big negative to the room.

On the whole though, it's been a great room in a brilliantly located hotel and I've been very impressed by the service. I'd happily stay here again and would recommend it without hesitation, if you're lucky enough to get a room! Apparently the hotel's been fully booked two of the four nights we've been here - with good reason.

Room Tip: As a tall bloke, I found the enclosed toilet in the corner twin too small, though the locals may not...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed in Kansai area for 4 days and decided to stay at remm Shin Osaka for 2 days given our previous good experience at remm Hibiya in Tokyo plus this hotel was just opened in 9/2012. The hotel is connected to the JR Shin-Osaka station, if you are coming from Kansai International Airport, take the JR Haruka train (Kyoto direction) and get off at Shin-Osaka station. It took us a bit of time to look for hotel as we got out from a different exit. Hotel is in fact located inside of Shin Osaka Hankyu Building (connected to the station) with a separate main entrance and elevator which takes you directly to front desk on 12/F. We were initially put into a room on the 12/F but in order to avoid possible noises and since 12/F was public area, we asked to move to a higher floor. Request was granted. We expected our twin bedroom to be small but this one in Osaka was even smaller than the one in Tokyo although of same standard ie massage chair, air purifier etc. Everything was fine until we noticed a thick layer of dust on the headboard! In fact, the area around the bed was quite dusty. We asked the hotel staff to come and have a look. The lady was very apologetic and put us to another room on the same floor although condition was similar just not as dusty as the first one. Maybe that is why an air purifier is in the room? I found the pillows (two different kinds and I prefer the harder one) exteremely comfy but my sister held a different opinion. The heating/cooling unit in our room was not functioning properly. We booked the room with breakfast included and the hotel restaurant - Kouji - is in the train station area right outside of the main entrance.

The twin bedroom, in my opinion, fits better for one person rather than two. The room is much smaller in size than the one we stayed in Tokyo. Will we come back again? Most likely "yes" .

Room Tip: Try to ask for room on higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cantraybridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very impressed at the layout of the room - and at getting a massage chair 'even' in a small single! Loved the rain shower, the comfortable bed and (choice of) pillows, and the neatly stored kettle etc. The place was immaculately clean. It was also very quiet - with a blackout blind doubly ensuring a good night's sleep. The breakfast arrangments (at the cafe just next to the hotel entrance) were very good - the food was good value as it included a buffet - and the staff were all pleasant and helpful. Loaned me an adapter plug no problem. The hotel is incredibly conveniently located for travel around Japan (I came from Hakata, and was travalling on to Kyoto after 2 nights), and for the subway within the city. Also the reception area is very nice, with some comfy chairs where I met my friend who'd had to wait a while for me. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: had a room near the elevators but it was still extremely quiet. I'm not sure there is a 'bad...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to remm Shin Osaka? Share your experiences!