I travelled with my wife to Osaka during blossom season on late March 2013. As a Muslim from Malaysia, we always look for place with easy access to halal restaurants. We stayed for 4D3N at Ramada Osaka. A few point for others:
1. The hotel located at business area with less busy environment. There is not many area for shopping around the hotel.
2. There are 2 halal restaurant. First, an Indonesia restaurant (Bagus restaurant) just nearby the 7-eleven. The place looks 'hidden' you were not familiar within the area. I assume the food is expensive in Japan as compared to Malaysia. Be prepared to pay around 1000 yen (RM35) for nasi goreng telur in Osaka. Second, an ?egyptian/pakistanis restaurant (Meya-Meya) located in front of the small park area around the hotel. Both are at walking distance. At first, we went by taxi (paid 660 yen) only to realize that both are just around the hotel.
3. If you went to popular shopping area at Umeda(just one stop from Nakatsu), you may find another indonesian restaurant (Murni restaurant) which just opened 7 months ago. Located at 32F New Hankyu Building. Again, the price of food are all above 1000 yen.
As for the hotel, enough being described by other reviewer. The location is great. Just above Nakatsu subway(Midosuji line). You can easily access to Kobe (there is nice and oldest mosque in Japan) and Kyoto (great place not to be missed). The subway was busy around 7-9am when people rushing to their workplace. Plan your travel early in the morning. Since syuruk at around 5, you can see beautiful bright morning by 6. Small room as compared to Malaysia hotel.
Always bring compass and qiblat apps while your stay at Osaka. I did not find any prayer room in Osaka. On the return flight, I was informed that there is small room for prayers at Kansai airport.
have a nice journey and stay at Ramada Osaka. I will consider this hotel again in my next trip to Osaka.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Osaka
- Osaka Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Business Hotel located 5 minutes from train station & 25 minutes from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Osaka Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.