Stayed there two nights.
Hotel is a modern sky-scrambler with gorgeous view from the top floors. Rooms are well maintained and look like new.
Location is just in front of Osaka Station very convenient to go every where by subway or train. Kyoto is just 30 minutes by train that leaves almost every 10 minutes until midnight.
Now about drawbacks.
Looks like Hilton saves a lot on training of personnel there, probably all budget goes to Conrad and Waldorf nowadays.
Reception: when we arrived there were three people by the counter two speaking on the phone and one doing something important in the computer not paying any attention to us standing just in front, in a minute he finished his computer and excusing himself disappeared. Fortunately one of the phone speakers hanged up and checked us in.
Concierge: I asked about Osaka attractions and restaurants. He was speaking as if he was trying to run away while I was the only one around him. For the restaurant he was looking through the book as if he was seeing it the first time in his life. I do not think there is a real concierge there, there are the bell-boys who moves suitcases and give travel advice the same time.
Room service: terrible, they forgot to clean the bathroom, the towels were in the bedroom, the garbage was in the baskets, the teacups were dirty. The only thing they did was making up the bed, all the rest was in the same state as we left it in the morning. We complained and they cleaned everything ok but the cups.
Bar on the top: the view is really superb! We took champagne 30 us dollars per glass, expensive but not too bad for such a view. I also asked if they have any nuts or olives the waiter said "of course" and brought mixed nuts and five cheap olives just green boneless without seasoning on the ice. To our surprise they charged 22 dollars for the nuts and 10 dollars for the olives. I did not expect that with such champagne prices they would charge for the snacks, in fact we drink champagne everywhere and a lot including Hilton hotels (I am a diamond member) but such a robbery happened the first time to me. I tried to reason the waiter but he was only saying "this is our price" while he could not demonstrate me the pricelist for the olives, when I insisted to speak to the manager from the hotel he removed the snacks from the bill.
Executive launch: is miserable, scarce food and small
Breakfast in the main restaurant: very good buffet and service -- no complains at all.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, but do not expect old good Hilton service there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the business and entertainment area, the Hilton Osaka hotel is linked to one of Osaka's largest shopping malls. Admire the views from Windows on the World restaurant or the Executive Lounge. Unwind in the gym, pool or relaxation salon. The hotel is 3 miles from Universal Studios Japan and 1 hour from Kansai airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound), Rakuten and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Osaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Osaka Hotel Osaka
- Hilton International Osaka
- Osaka Hilton International