“Recent stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nikko Osaka

You added Hotel Nikko Osaka to your Saves list
Hotel Nikko Osaka
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3-3 Nishi-Shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0086, Osaka Prefecture   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 266 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
4.0 of 5 stars 1,191 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
“Recent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay, room was good and clean, definitely staying here again however theres a few things i would expect them consider and improve. For check-in time it is understandable for their policy to check-in at 3 p.m. but it is very inconvenience for travellers who arrived in the morning having to wait until 3 p.m. perhaps a reasonable amount for early check-in if the hotel is not full, rest area for travellers while waiting, complimentary vouchers to breakfast while waiting, bigger area with sofas for resting after long flights.

For breakfast they have two types of cuisine (western & japanese) quality is not bad but for western cuisine there are very limited varieties for Halal food, if they have a lot of Halal varieties this can be enjoyed for all travellers.

Check-in and out time was fast and the staff handled it pretty good. Need more cheerful face as most of them are working just for the sake of attending people, need to go for the extra mile at least.

Location was very strategic and good access for public railways and covenant stores nearby.

Overall this is a great hotel, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Any room will do
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
HNO_CS, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Nikko Osaka, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear xfluz

Thank you for recently staying with us and highly recommended our hotel.

As you mentioned we certainly have a wonderful location right in the middle of Osaka city called MINAMI (area around SHINSAIBASHI and NAMBA ) that many travelers enjoy their Osaka trip.

I do apologize for the inconvenience about check-in time, We will take into consideration to offer better service. Also we will carry on to welcome our guest with cheerful smile.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Osaka.

Emi Yumoto
Quality Manager
Hotel Nikko Osaka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Today is my family's Japan tour, day 6( last night at Japan). The staff, who is in charge for checking in, is not smiling and very "cool" attitude. Compared with previous experience of this tour, I'm very disappointment about Hotel Nikko Osaka.

Stayed June 2014
Jan M, General Manager at Hotel Nikko Osaka, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Mr. David W,

Thank you for recently staying with us.

I sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced at our front desk.
We pride ourselves on our excellent service so I am quite concerned about your comment.

I will certainly follow this up immediately with our front office team. I hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the future.

With kind regards,

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Location, room and breakfast are good. Apart from location, room and breakfast, I don't think Nikko Osaka keeps as good service quality as other Nikko hotels in the world.
After overnight flight arrived hotel at 9 a.m., I was so surprised that receptionist- a girl who can speak Mandarin did not show her hospitality and manner to help solo female guest to find private area for open luggage to take out some belongings and offer any option for early check in until guest asked. Understood check-in time is 3p.m., but they could offer some warm words about check-in time. Finally, the manager offered the early check-in, but I did return to Nikko Osaka at 6 pm and I also had to take my luggage from concierge by my own from lobby to my room...The overall service was not good at my two nights stay in Nikko Osaka...It's hoped they could improve their service quality soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jan M, General Manager at Hotel Nikko Osaka, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with Hotel Nikko Osaka.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying with us.
I have instructed our team to be more aware of guests in need of accessing their luggage before their room is available in the future.

I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Transportation from KIX airport: took a bus to Namba and then took subway to Shinsaibaishi where the hotel is located. On arrival, noticed that the hotel offers a bus service from hotel to KIX so it would have been nice if they could have offered this service from the airport, although not that the timings may not suit all. At check in, we asked for a double bed instead of a Twin bed which was entertained but we were kindly advised that a double room would be smaller. In fact, the room was not as small as we had expected, so it wasn't too bad. The bathroom amenities offered were the usual toothbrushes, razor, comb, shower cap but one thing that was nice was a ladies pack which included a hair grip and hand band which i dont see at many hotels. They provided two bottles of water for the entire stay (5 days) but it would have been nice if they offered bottles for each day. More international channels on TV would be welcome. Breakfast was included in our room package and one could choose between two cafes: western buffet or japanese buffet breakfasts. Overall a pleasant stay and great location!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great location, easy access to subway. Very friendly service. Easy access to shopping area in Shinsaibashi. Very close to shopping street area. Can even shop underground even in bad weather. Have airport bus right in front of the hotel. Very nice breakfast. Tasty and have a great variety. Osaka is a extremely great place to play around. It is very suitable for all types of tourists. Nice place, very clean and tidy bedroom.

Room Tip: Better to ask for a room which face the main street. The view is awesome if you are facing Tiffiany...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was so surprise when I saw the room of this hotel because of its size, not sure 20+ sqm. but it has everything...! And can make you feel so comfortable. Its single room with single queen size bed. Hotel is in the city centre and Shisaibashi is just across the street. Breakfast is good but cauliflower on salad corner somehow not fresh. At check out i asked reception to get receipt under my company name but she said it would take long time and she asked me back 'why dont you inform us at check in?' Yes i didnt but i do think this question shouldn't be asked...so i said no problem and leave with receipt under only my name. The rest of overall experience is good!

• Stayed May 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Nikko Hotels is a Japanese chain of hotels. However, with a chain hotel like Hilton or Sheraton one always knows what to expect. Nikko Hotels differ in quality, style and setup per hotel. The Nikko Hotel in Sasebo (South Japan) is a simple, no thrills, dated, 100% tourist oriented place. The Nikko Hotel in Fukuoka is luxurious, modern and lucious place. Nikko Osaka is somewhere inbetween.

Nikko Osaka is located in a striking building in the heart of Osaka. High class fashion and jewelry brands have shops in the same street. However, when I arrived there was no one to welcome me. Even when I walked up to a bellboy outside he merely pointed at the entrance but did not offer any assistance, eventhough I was obviously struggling with very bulky and heavy luggage. Once inside I ended up in a little shopping mall. Where's the hotel? Again no help from the bellboy, even when I exchanged puzzled looks with him. It was a lady from a restaurant who escorted me to the central lobby, which turned out to be on the second floor.

Check-in was swift and curtious, but again no thrills. Like many Japanese hotels, guests are not allowed into their room until check-in time at the Nikko. This meant the central lobby was filled with unattended luggage from guests who showed up early, went to town and had to leave their luggage in the hotel lobby because they were not allowd into their rooms yet. What an eye sore!

My room (#1422) was tiny and simple. There was a faint smell of cigarettes (I reserved a no smoking room) and there's very little luxury. No complimentary water bottles, no robe, not even an attempt at any style. There is a safe deposit box in the room, but it is too small for the average laptop computer or DSLR camera. So even when I didn't have to work, I still had to carry all my valuables with me every time I left the hotel. Considering the stiff price I paid, this is disappointing. Room service is available, but there's not a single vegetarian or vegan meal on the menu. In other words: I was forced to eat outside the hotel every single day (carrying that heavy backpack with the laptop and camera equipment with me).

Wifi and cable Internet are available (for free) and it worked fine throughout my stay. The laundry service isn't as expensive as in other hotels and same day service is the default policy. As expected: my cloths looked brand new when I received them back from the laundry service.

There are three restaurants in the lobby. The guests are issued with vauchers for breakfast. While breakfast isn't half bad, it certainly isn't top class. The bread tasted like it was at least a day old. When one shows up late, much of it is already gone. And do stay away from the union bread, it looks like plain bread but it tastes disgusting.

Nikko Hotel Osaka is mainly a place for holiday makers. If you spend each day in the city and your hotel is just a place to sleep, then the Nikko Hotel Osaka is a decent choice. If your hotel is your home away from home, then this isn't the place to be. Prices on booking sites can vary during time and perhaps I had a very bad deal. I've seen prices of hotels double or being cut in half within a week (I take my time picking a hotel). Had the price been fair, I would not have had any complaints. But in my case Hotel Nikko was a tourist class place at business class prices.

After settling the bill I left the hotel a bit disgruntled. And then... at the very last moment of my stay, I met two interns from my home country. They immediately assisted me with my bagage and even walked me to the platform of the subway station. They answered all questions I had about Osaka, my transfer to Tokyo and hotel Nikko. In mere minutes they basically provided all service and courtisy the other staff of the hotel didn't. A silver lining to an otherwise unsatisfactory stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jan M, General Manager at Hotel Nikko Osaka, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Iokan,

Thank you for recently staying with us.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in our property. Our Guest Service Manager Mr. Turpin has corresponded with you seperately. I hope we can have another chance to show you our true Japanese hospitality.

Jan Marshall

Been to Hotel Nikko Osaka? Share your experiences!