The location is perfect as mentioned in other review, and remember, they can assist your luggage to arrive directly at the PLATFORM when you are planning to leave for airport, just raise the request and they will arrange the luggage for you.
However, however, however, I encountered 2 issues that ruin my holiday:
1.) We stayed for 7 days 6 nights, and our room has changed at least 7 door cards. Keep in mind that the cards are kept properly in our bags, with the paper envelop provided by them, and no mobile phone is turned on in one of our bag. Having stayed in many hotels worldwide, that is the first time I encountered such frequent failure of door cards. Instead of just keeping on apologizing, wonder why don't they plan to check our lock of the door after my request of card change for the 3rd time?
2.) I have sent them email regarding if I can order a cake (which need to keep refrigerated) directly to the hotel way before my stay, the email was replied only after I sent message to their Facebook page to remind them on the email. On the first night of arrival, they said (including an assistant manager and one staff) they have checked and no cake under my name is noted, however, when I checked for the delivery record online, it should have been arrived. The following night I asked the bell captain (using exactly the same wording as in previous night), and she helped to DISCOVER the cake in their fridge.
Hmmm, though countless verbal apologies are received during my stay( may be that means a lot to Japanese, but not to me sadly), this is not the first time I visit Osaka, provided there are so many nice and comfortable hotels with similar price and standard around, I doubt if I will stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Nankai Osaka is a five-star luxury hotel ideally located in the heart of Namba, Osaka’s most exciting entertainment, shopping and dining district. The hotel sits above Namba station and is the only Osaka hotel that offers a direct link to Kansai International Airport with the Rapid Express Train taking just 30 minutes door-to-door. The nearby subway serves as a convenient mode of transportation to many of the popular tourist destinations such as Kyoto, the ancient capital of Nara and the picturesque Kobe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten and Tingo so you can book your Swissotel Nankai Osaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Nankai Osaka Hotel Osaka
- Swissotel Nankai Hotel Osaka
- Osaka Swissotel Nankai Hotel