Swissotel is in a great location in the Namba area of Osaka. If you are arriving from the airport the bus stops more or less at the door of the hotel and costs minimal money.
The hotel itself is large and modern. We had a great 29th floor room with great views across the city. The only downside was the air-conditioning in the room was unbearably warm even on the coolest setting making it quite difficult to sleep. Oh, and there is an additional charge to use the hotel swimming pool - approx £15 per time which is pretty costly. We did not try the restaurants in the hotel as they were fairly expensive but there are lots of great local eateries nearby. The staff were friendly and professional and we were most grateful to be allowed an early check in after a long journey. We would recommend this hotel for Osaka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Nankai Osaka is a five-star luxury hotel ideally located in the heart of Namba, Osaka’s most exciting entertainment, shopping and dining district. The hotel sits above Namba station and is the only Osaka hotel that offers a direct link to Kansai International Airport with the Rapid Express Train taking just 30 minutes door-to-door. The nearby subway serves as a convenient mode of transportation to many of the popular tourist destinations such as Kyoto, the ancient capital of Nara and the picturesque Kobe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Hotel.de, Splendia, JAPANiCAN, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Rakuten so you can book your Swissotel Nankai Osaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Nankai Osaka Hotel Osaka
- Swissotel Nankai Hotel Osaka
- Osaka Swissotel Nankai Hotel