“Great value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Hotel Fino Osaka Shinsaibashi

Save Saved
You added Best Western Hotel Fino Osaka Shinsaibashi to your Saves list
Best Western Hotel Fino Osaka Shinsaibashi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1-2-19 Shinsaibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 542-0083, Japan (Shinsaibashi / Nanba / Tennoji / South Area)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #39 of 246 hotels in Osaka
New York
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

A very small room but more than adequate for one person (or a couple who still enjoy close contact !) Modern and spotlessly clean with a very nice bathroom. Quiet air-conditioning operated by a remote control (look for the instruction sheet in English). For $62 a night this hotel is unbeatable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

206 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The tiny room in this hotel was spotless and thoughtfully equipped with all the "lady things" (as the front desk put it) I might need. It would be tough for a couple to fit in the room together, however. The taxi driver couldn't find it and dropped me half a block away, so the hotel sent someone to fetch me when I couldn't understand the directions they gave me. The front desk service quality varied widely depending on who was there. Close to metro, nightlife.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel is situated near nagahoribashi station, alight from exit 5a and take a turn into the alley. It is only a short walk away to shinsaibashi and from there it is easy to walk to dontombori, umeda and even namba.

The hotel staff is rather friendly however some might not be able to speak good english. The rooms are small and cosy for a one person stay and I really enjoyed my stay throughout.

Overall, the hotel exceeded my expectation and would definitely be the hotel of choice when i drop by osAka next time given the affordability, location and cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Having read many reviews, we had no problem locating the hotel. From KIX, we bought the Yokoso Pass and took the Nankai “Rapi:t” train to Tengachaya station and change to subway line to Nagahoribashi Station. From Exit 5A, turn left and enter 7-Eleven and exit from their back entrance and the hotel is there.

Even though the double room is small, its still very comfortable and clean. With free Wifi, we could check on the train schedule and attractions. The laundry room was useful for light travellers like us.

We love the location of this hotel. Its walking distance to Shinsaibashi Shopping Mall, Dotonbori and Tokyu Hand. Kuromon Ichiba, Miyuki-dori Shopping Street (Korea town) and Osaka Tsuruhashi-Ichiba are just one to two stations away from Nagahoribashi Station.

Will return if we are back in Osaka!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We chose this hotel based on its location (Shinsaibashi area), good reviews and the great deal that was running at the time when I was making reservations.

For starters, locating the place wasn't easy and this is the only minus point that I'm giving. Quite challenging for new arrivals with luggage. It was quite disorientating once we got out of Shinsaibashi subway station and even looking at the display map (with the hotel marked on it) didn't help due to poor road signage. We were going in the wrong direction until we talked to an outlet sales guy. Language barrier didn't help but once we managed to finally connect to the Shinsaibashi-suji free Wi-Fi, that guy's direction proved right. The key is to look for Uniqlo and walk along the back of it, past 4 small road intersections and the hotel entrance will be on the right. You wouldn't know it was a hotel from its exterior so this lack of visibility is something that definitely can be improved upon.

My little girl was sleeping in her stroller (due to lack of sleep on the plane) and the staff was kind enough to let us check in early. My b-mobile Visitor SIM package was also promptly handed to me at the point of check in. That data SIM was the most important tool that helped us get around Japan, having come relatively unprepared. Do look it up.

Room was compact but very comfortable, and had all that we needed and then some (many others have detailed this so I'll skip the listing). Hair conditioner was provided and the toilet had a bidet (both of which I used for the first time). Everything was in good working condition except for the cheap fridge that was barely functional. Well, it was better than having none. Anyway, I shouldn't be too picky considering the price I paid.

Overall, a great stay and my 2 year old had no complaints though I'm sure she'd have preferred more room to move about. I would have given it a rating of 4 but the thoughtfulness at check in, the great work done by the cleaning staff and the superb price point swayed me to a 5.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We came in from Kyoto on the Hankyu train, with a change over at Awaji station and arriving at Nagahoribashi 长堀桥 station on the Osaka subway Sakaisuji line. The hotel is not that hard to find. You take exit 5A and go on your right, walk a little, if you look far enough you will see the Best Western directory sign that tells you to turn around the back of that building. You can also take a short cut by going through the 7-11 shop, where you can make some purchases and go out by the other door and you can see the hotel sign in front of you.
Compared to the Sunroute Kyoto where we stayed for the previous 2 nights, the rooms in Best Western are much smaller. The double bed in the room in which my daughter and I stayed is parked against the wall and she has to climb over me in the middle of the night for a drink or to the bathroom. The twin room that my brother and my mom stayed in is little bit bigger. The rooms are clean alright, and one thing we noted which I thought typically innovative of the Japanese people is that, a certain spot in the mirror in the bathroom always remains clear for your to check your face even if the rest of the mirror is frosty after a shower. The reason ? there is a heating element at the back of the mirror, touch it and you will feel it is warm. Another thing is there are magnetic placards at the back of the room door with messages of “NO NEED TO CLEAN UP”, “DO NOT DISTURB”, etc, so you just stick the placard on the front of the room door and the cleaning team will take note of your instruction. But we could not figure out how to switch on the table lamp. We turned it up side down to check but could not see any on-off switch. My daughter even tried clapping her hands but it did not work either ! If someone in this forum figures it out, please tell us so I know how dumb we have been !
The location of the hotel is good, 2 convenience stores are right outside, the subway station just around the corner, nearby within 1 - 6 minutes walk are the Crista underground shopping street, Shinsaibashi shopping street and Dotonbori. It is also convenient to get to the airport – Take the train from Nagahoribashi station (Osaka City Subway Sakaisuji line) to the Tengachaya station, transfer to Nankai Airport Express line for kansai airport for JPY 1120. The journey time was just under one hour. After arriving at the airport, we stored our luggage at the airport, and took the shuttle to Rinku Premium Outlet for 100 yen per person. We had time to do only about half of the place as we could not afford to miss the hourly shuttle to get back to the airport for check-in. Weekend shuttle is at more frequent at 1/2 hourly interval. We noted luggage storage is also available at the entrance of Rinku shopping outlet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Decided to stay at this hotel as I had read a few good reviews, plus being a BW rewards member this was the natural option

First things first Directions!!
Having read many reviews on how difficult it was to locate the hotel, I got directions from the hotel it self and ended up spending a few minutes lost, trying to find the hotel. so here goes my best attempt to give directions to the hotel.

If you arrive at the Shinsaibashi or Nagahori subway station, finding the hotel can be tough as it depends on which exit you take. The best way would be to ask for directions to the Crysta Nagahori, its an underground shopping street. Once you enter the walkway you need to locate exit 3 south. At exit 3 south you will find a lift (helpful when arriving with luggage) and once you come to the street level you should see a BW sign. walk a few meters forward, then take a right and then a left, walk a few meters forward and you should see the hotel on the right.

If you are on the main road (street level), walk to the 7-11 store, the hotel is on the small road right behind 7-11.

Depending from which station you enter Crysta Nagahori, It can either be a long walk to the hotel or a short one. If you come from shinsaibashi, walk towards the nagahori subway station to find exit 3 south, (10 mins walk, exit on your right) , if its from nagahoribashi station, its a short walk to exit 3 south (walk towards shinsaibashi, exit should be on your left)

Now to the hotel.
The only bad thing is this place only allows check in at 3:00 PM and check out is at 10:00 AM, lucky for me, being a platinum rewards member gave me early check in and a bigger room, comparatively bigger i guess, the room had just enough space to put your luggage in and since i was traveling with my son and his stroller, space was an issue.

The hotel was new, so the place looks nice and neat. the room consisted of a queen bed, tv, mini fridge, a small table and a sofa. the bathroom was just nice with warm toilet seat and a bathtub, It also had the usual toothbrush, toothpaste, razor,shampoo, conditioner, shower gel . electric kettle and tea/coffee sachets were also provided. a full length mirror There was no safe. but felt secure without one.

The front desk was efficient and very helpful. not all spoke English, but were able to communicate. there is a laundry room on the 1st Floor, where you can get up to 4.5 KG of cloths washed via a coin operated washer( 300 Yen) and dryer (100 Yen for 30 mins)

breakfast 1100 yen, and we decided not to have breakfast. the 7-11 shop right in front has all what you need :)

The place is well located as its a short walk to the nagahori subway and a bit further to shinsaibashi. plus the shinsaibashi suji shopping area that leads to Dotonburi is also close by. there is a post office a block behind the hotel, this comes handy if you rent a wifi device and need to post the parcel back before you leave. Namba is also a stop away from shinsaibashi or can do a leisure walk, if the weather is good. there are many department stores close by like tokyu hands and diamaru.

Overall a good place to stay and will return if I am back in Osaka!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Best Western Hotel Fino Osaka Shinsaibashi? Share your experiences!