“Tasty and filling meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
London
“Tasty and filling meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Despite relatively small place, our waiting queue was moving fast. It was my first Japanese Ramen. Initially I was not impresses by the pictures and amount of fat in it; however, I quite enjoyed it (not to mention my other half who loved it!). Gyoza was awesome, the best I have ever had.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
California
“Excellent quality for a low price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This gem is located just north of the Dotonobori. It is a very small Ramen house by western standards, as it seats around 15 people max. The burnt miso Ramen is heavenly but not as spicy as their house ramen. The noodles are a plentiful in the bowl and they are thin in diameter so they are not gummy at all. Ippudo offers lots of toppings on your table so you can customize your heat and flavors. Excpect to pay 30 dollars per couple with a a bowl and a beer each. We ate at quite a few other ramen houses across Japan and this was our fave.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Ippudo Umeda Locals can't go wrong with locals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Having Checked in I asked the local hotel staff where is a good place to eat noodles.
I made it all the way to the HEP 5 store the one with the whale inside and got lost. Fortunately, I found a nice guard who pointed the way.

The Que was long but it just meant the food must be good. All you need to do is point and they will serve your order later. I watched the locals how they ate and mannerisms which is good so you don't standout too much.

The atmosphere was cozy and peacefull. In Japan if you love the soup base drink it all!

These noodles are from a special region and bit thinner than I am used to. However, the flavours and textures were very nice.

A diffinate place to go and visit. I went to the one at Kakudacho 6-7, Kakudacho Building 1F. [across street from Navio Hankyu] They Open from 11am-3am daily.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I tried the one in Singapore, was sorely disappointed and didn't think I'd bother with it again. But when I saw Japanese queuing for ramen (although forming lines seems to be a national past-time) I decided I had to give it a second chance. And boy am I glad I did!

Yum.

If you can take a little spice, try the karaka-men with all the additional toppings. The tamago is a little bite of heaven too.

Visited February 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been to Ippudo in Singapore and I felt that the ramen is average. We thought that maybe Ippudo in Osaka will serve better ramen, therefore we decided to visit the restaurant. The ramen is still average.

I prefer the ramen in Ichiran and Kyushu Jangara.

• Visited March 2012