“Simply delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Singapore City, null, Singapore
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Finding this place was abit of a challenge initially because Japanese addresses are a little difficult to find (no offence). But thank God a passerby understood me and showed me how to get to the restaurant.

This place can get a little crowded, a often you'll see a queue outside the restaurant. But the wait was worth it, I had 2 bowls of ramen, both different flavours. I can't exactly remember what I had but I think one was made with black pork and the other was just the normal char siu ramen. In anycase, the broth of the 2 bowls I had was truly amazing. It's pretty hard to describe the taste and richness of the flavour in both bowls, so I would highly recommend going there for you to know what I mean. In addition, it's important to note that the noodles were cooked al dante so it was just the right texture with that "snapping" effect.

I highly recommend this place. 一風堂大好き!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
malaysia
“Tasty Ramen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The ramen is so tasty that I went there twice. Though expensive to me but it is worth every yen I spent there. The free ice tea is so refreshing after a hot day outside.

There is no english signboard for "Ippudo Restaurant" that I walked by twice outside the restaurant. Had to ask local people nearby a couple of times before I can find the restaurant.

I will definitely go again to Ippudo if I go to Osaka in the future.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Osaka, Japan
“Best ramen in the world.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I love Ippudo. The soup is thick and complex, the black oil (optional) on top takes it even higher, the noodles are cooked to order, the extra toppings never disappoint.

Ippudo has gotten very popular and branches have sprung up in many locations. I like the original Osaka one in Shinsaibashi, though the Ikeda branch has a unique here-only menu which is fitting as Ikeda is the birthplace of instant ramen!

The atmosphere is friendly, low-key, and professional. Usually quiet cool jazz is played. Ippudo hits the spot.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangkok, Thailand
“Just the best ramen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

On our Osaka trip, we have tried Ippudo and Ichiran, and wondered greatly why there were even considerations as to which is better. Ichiran might be a novelty for first time visitor to Japan, but the ramen (at least in 2012) just doesn't cut it.

At Ippudo, I went with the one with special black sauce. (Sesame, I think) And that is one of the best part, and propel the already excellent soup and noddle to the top of my ramen list, anywhere in the world.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zurich, Switzerland
“Hits the spot after a day of temples, shrines and parks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went to the one by Namba and just what I needed: happy hosts, warm atmosphere, good food, good beer. One just felt welcome. Good for singles, couples and mid size groups. Oh, yes, and did not feel quite as expensive as everything else that day.

• Visited July 2012