“Perfect budget hotel for a short holiday or business trip in Osaka. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arietta Hotel Osaka

Save Saved
You added Arietta Hotel Osaka to your Saves list
Arietta Hotel Osaka
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-2-6 Azuchimachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 541-0052, Japan (Bay Area / Bentencho / Yodoyabashi / Hommachi / Tanimachi / Kyobashi)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 266 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Seoul, South Korea
“Perfect budget hotel for a short holiday or business trip in Osaka. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Arietta Hotel is conveniently located near to Mido Suji, the main street of Osaka and only 5 minute walk to Shinsaibashi shopping avenue which will lead you to Dotonburi, the city's most well known place for foods and entertainment. If you are a good walker, you can walk along Shinsaibashi to Dotonburi in about an hour. Hotel staff are friendly, helpful and can speak good enough English to serve you. The room is sizable for Japanese business hotel's standard. It's clean and well equipped. You can choose non- smoking floor as well. Breakfast is strictly continental but the croissant and pie are nice. I stayed here with my family and we have a good time. If you are planning to visit Osaka, this hotel should be one of your option.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a good Japanese hotel and a little different from others. The bedroom had a wooden floor, so did the bathroom. It may not seem like much, but it was different from many. Also, the bathroom was larger that the average Japanese hotel bathroom. The furniture arrangement made the bedroom seem bigger than other hotel rooms that I stayed in while visiting Japan. The hotel was about a three to five minute walk from the subway. There was a free continental breakfast included on the room fee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 8 nights with our 6 month old baby and it was very good.

The location, Honmachi is excellent, halfway between the two main districts of Namba and Umeda, which meant we could get to both easily. Travelling with a baby meant that sometimes we would walk to our destination and then catch the subway back (or vice versa), and being in this location made it easy to do this. Honmachi is a business district, so relatively quiet compared to Namba and Umeda, which was well suited for us and baby. One Saturday evening we went out to an izakaya and it was actually empty because it was the weekend, so baby was able to join us and relax without getting over stimulated by noise and disturbed by cigarette smoke.

The rooms are spotless and modern, with super fast WiFi. We had a standard single room, so it was very small, but had a double bed so find for a couple. In hindsight, we would probably take a twin room, for the extra bed and the extra space. In the single room, it was tough to find somewhere to sit when baby was taking a nap and having a bigger room would most certainly have helped. Special mention of Pola toiletries in the bathroom, which is a treat.

Breakfast was also included. It was just simple and basic - breads, fruit, yoghurt, coffee, juice. But it was delicious and sufficient. Those that know Japan, know that is actually difficult to find breakfast, so this made it easy, and gave you a kickstart to the day.

Overall, I have no qualms about staying here again or recommending it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights of a quick Osaka-Kyoto trip with my friends. We are very pleased with the room and mostly the spacious bathroom which consists of separate bathtub and shower. Pretty amazing compare to small hotel room which is common in Japan.

The location is great since it is very near to the Hommachi subway station. Just a little tips to find the location from the subway station, take the 3rd Exit, turn right and go straight until you see the first alley, turn right again and just go straight, you will find the hotel pretty soon. There are lots of convenience store along the way to the hotel as well which is quite handy if you wish to buy water or small food such as onigiri, sandwich, etc.

They provide many amenities such as shower cap, hair band, comb, etc. They also provide free breakfast as well. Most important thing that makes me love this hotel even more is that they found and kept my mobile phone once I left it in my room once I checked out from the hotel. Appreciate it so much.

I recommend this hotel to everyone and probably will stay here again if I ever visit Osaka in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Ok I'll admit my first impression upon checking in is that I wanted to check out. At the height of the Golden Week (national holiday) I had no other hotel to book and I was spoiled at a four star hotel in Tokyo. When we arrived with two kids, the lobby was small (and doubled as the breakfast area), my room had a strong disinfectant smell (dissipated in an hour after I opened a window), devoid of even the smallest of closets (substituted by two wall hooks) and the room was the typical Japan cramped style (we had a large and medium luggage).
I was about to look for another hotel but my kids said they loved their corner room which was much larger, had a closet and was perfect to put our luggage in. Then things started looking up from there.
Breakfast was simple, different breads, yoghurt, various drinks and salad. Since the breakfast/lobby area was cramped, you're encouraged to bring as much food as you want to your room, which my kids enjoyed having breakfast in bed. Free wifi in the rooms, both rooms were very clean with well stocked baths, comfy beds (though pillows are the typical Japanese uber soft or rice sack hard), convenience stores within 30 second walk, subway 2 minutes away and english speaking staff who were helpful.
After five days here I was happy to be proven wrong about my first impressions. It's a good budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Hotel is no doubt very conveniently located to Hommachi subway station, about 3mins walk, but it is sort of in the middle of a business area. And since we planned a lot of side trips which required us to switch to JR or Kintetsu trains from either Namba or Umeda, it became a bit pricey towards the end (a one-way trip to Namba was already 180 yen).

Nonetheless, the other amenities were great. We were placed on the top floor which was great. Rooms were much bigger than those we stayed at in Tokyo and the toilets were very spacious for Japanese standards. Staff were helpful but spoke very limited English (only one girl who helped check us in had good English). We didn't try the breakfast since it was simple bread and cereal so we had rather saved our stomachs for something else. Overall, our 6-day stay at Arietta was quite enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very nice hotel, with a full array of amenities, friendly staff, good location, free WiFi, and free breakfast! What more can one ask?
Extra points for the very spacious bathroom with the nice bathtub and the fake italian-style wall tilings!
Very conveniently located next to exit 1 of the Hommachi subway station! Only drawback is that it is located in a business district with minimal restaurants and other activities relevant to tourists. On the up side, this makes for a very quiet neighbourhood and a good night's sleep! Get to the lobby in time for breakfast as towards the end of the breakfast time some items may not be available.

Room Tip: I asked and received a non-smoking room (you can too!).