The service is typical Japanese... Impeccable... I stayed at both the Japanese style and the Western Style. For business it is a bit difficult to stay at the Japanese style. Lighting was dim an there was only a table to work from... but it is still a welcome break from your typical western style hotels. I stayed on the concierge level in the western style and it was beautiful. The lounge was very nice and the food very good. Well worth the few extra $$, especially because you can eat breakfast there. The shuttle from the main station is very convenient, although I had a bit of a hard time to find it. It is best to try to ask someone for help to find it.
The hotel is located near the subway which makes it easy to get around. I would recommend this hotel, but I understand from speaking to others that there are two parts of the hotel so definitely make sure you ask to stay in the newer section!!
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Miyako Kyoto Hotel Kyoto
- The Westin Miyako Kyoto Hotel
- Westin Miyako Kyoto
- Westin Kyoto
- Kyoto Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Western-style 11-story Hotel located amid Japanese gardens, 5 miles from train station & 31 miles from Kansai Int'l Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Jalan, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Miyako Kyoto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.