* Great central and convenient location - opposite railway station & close to tourist spots. There are 24 hour convenience stores within walking distance from hotel.
* Good rooms. I was also impressed that they use good quality toiletries in their bathrooms.
* Fantastic wi-fi connectivity in rooms. Since Japan is a technology advanced country, this is taken for granted but the wi-fi speed at this hotel was better than some other places I stayed.
* Visited in peak season when they have more guests than the hotel dining area can fit.
* Breakfast options are limited. They do not have enough options for vegetarians
* Not a big negative but they need more English speaking staff considering the number of foreign tourists they cater to.
If I am back in Kyoto I would definitely consider staying here again but bring some food with me!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, JAPANiCAN, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel New Hankyu Kyoto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.