“Excellent hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Park Hotel The Kyoto

You added Royal Park Hotel The Kyoto to your Saves list
Royal Park Hotel The Kyoto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Higashiiru Kawaramachi Sanjodori, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8004, Kyoto Prefecture   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 333 Hotels / Ryokan in Kyoto
4.5 of 5 stars 691 Reviews
Asuncion, Paraguay
“Excellent hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel was extremely well located. Next to cafes , restaurants, shoppings, walking distance to Gion, to the Imperial Palace, and other attractions. Also, transportation is easy and near the hotel.
The room was superb. We did not have breakfast in the hotel, but there are plenty of places around we you could enjoy breakfast in Kyoto. Reception personnel were great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We (a family of 4 adults) stayed at Royal Park Hotel during late august 2012.
I made a booking of two deluxe rooms through booking.com and immediately after that I sent an email to the hotel requesting connected rooms and their reply was this “We have confirmed your reservation made through Booking.com. The twin rooms, which you have reserved, are separate 2 rooms, however we have been holding your requirement of adjoining room.”

On the day of check in we arrived at the hotel about 9 pm exhausted from the flight we took from Seoul and the train trip from Narita Airport to Kyoto. The check in was smooth and quick. However when I asked the receptionist if they appointed us connected rooms the answer was that the hotel doesn’t have connected rooms for the type of rooms we booked this has really annoyed us , my family and I are avid travelers and we completely understand that requesting a connected room wouldn’t guarantee you would get one since it is subject to availability. However, being told at the check in that the hotel doesn’t offer connected rooms from the type we booked is something we have never experienced before. I mean that who answered my email should have told me that they don’t offer connected rooms of this room type so that I am aware of that and have the option to change my booking to the type of rooms that I can get connected upon availability.

What I really liked in the rooms is the cleanliness; the room and bathroom were completely spotless. The size of the room was OK; not too small not too large however we are used to staying in serviced apartments or chain hotels so the rooms were kind of small to our taste.

The location is unbeatable in the middle of Kyoto’s main shopping area (don’t remember the name of the area) with many dining options just few steps from the hotel, a walking distance to Nishiki market and few currency exchange shops are in the vicinity of the hotel, it is also a short taxi ride to Kyoto train station.

My original booking was for 6 nights however due to the annoyance that happened at check in and the size of rooms that wasn’t suitable for us we stayed for two nights and then moved to hotel Granvia which I will be writing a review about.

I also liked having vending and ice machines next to the elevators in each floor.

To sum up, I would really recommend this hotel for its cleanliness, location and kind of good-sized rooms and I hope that the incident that happened with me is an exception.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Location very central and walking distance to shopping and eating. Taxi from train station was about 1200 yen. Bus stops to temples and other areas around Kyoto close to hotel and easy to use. You can purchase daily bus pass for 500 yen at front desk.

Rooms a little small but typical for Japan hotels. Everything was new and clean. I never use hotel shampoos and conditioners because of the inferior quality but I just loved the ones provided by this hotel. Also, loved the body towel provided as well as the other bathroom amenities that were replaced daily if used.

The staff was very attentive and helpful. They greeted you as you came in and out of the hotel and also attended to the elevators during peak periods. The staff at the front desk spoke and understood English well and there was usually several staff around in the lobby in the morning to answer questions on directions and helped to plan daily activities. They were also helpful to arrange some of our luggage to be shipped to Fukuoka airport (our last destination). It was about 2000 yen per luggage (depends on size).

We used the washer to do a small load of laundry. You don't have to purchase laundry detergent as the washer automatically dispenses soap. I did not use the dryer, as I was told from someone in our party that the dryers did not dry well and they ended up hanging up their clothes to dry completely.

The bakery next door was very good and reasonably priced. Loved the shopping mall close by and all of the different eating places and dessert places within walking distance. This hotel is so centrally located.

We were a family of 18 people traveling with a total of 8 rooms. We also requested a wheelchair accessible room and this was very ideal, as we had 2 people in wheelchairs. We did not speak Japanese but we were able to enjoy our stay and enjoy the sights of Kyoto with the assistance of the hotel staff. We definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Great location in fact the best location for exploring kyoto and beyond. Only downside was the high cost of food at the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Most staff members speak English and are happy to recommend good places to go. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Had a complimentary upgrade to the premium (9th) floor so I'm reviewing based on a larger room.

Location: Excellent (10/10). Short walk to Nikishi Market, undercover shops, money changer (hard to find one in Japan), food at any time, bus stops, train station, shopping...you name it.

Amenities: Excellent (9/10). Cheap coin operated laundry with dryer on 2nd floor, reasonably priced vending machines at almost every floor, nice bar and restaurant. Gave a point less as they did not have some utensils for eating my takeaways but they did send one up on request.

Quality of Room: (9/10). Just a little small but excellent beds and excellent water pillows. Fantastic mood lighting throughout the room (and hotel). Internet in rooms are fast and stable. Mikimoto soaps and shampoos just did it for me. Quality shavers for premium floors are a bonus.

Super friendly staff and always attentive and helpful. Keep up the good work people!

Room Tip: 9th floor is the best (premium). Ask for an upgrade if they have one. I got it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I recently returned from a two day stay at this hotel and thought it was great value for money (in Japan!). It was very clean (as can be expected) and the toiletries were excellent and plentiful. The patisserie downstairs was excellent for breakfast, and the staff were extremely efficient, polite and helpful. There is even a very affordable laundry room which makes travelling with kids a whole lot easier. Would gladly stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Zonhoven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is probably one of the best I have stayed in on a family trip. The hotel is quite new and the rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. The service is excellent and staff is embarrassed when something is not working as it should. Breakfast is excellent with a selection of western and Japanese food. The location is also very convenient next to the large covered shopping streets on one side and the Gion area on the other side. For a visit to Kyoto, this hotel is a superb place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Royal Park Hotel The Kyoto? Share your experiences!