“Great hostel super close to Kyoto Sta.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kyoto Hana Hostel

You added Kyoto Hana Hostel to your Saves list
Kyoto Hana Hostel
2.0 of 5 Japanese Guest House   |   229 Kogawacho, Shichjo Agau, Akezudori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8149, Kyoto Prefecture   |
Ranked #14 of 168 Specialty lodging in Kyoto
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Great hostel super close to Kyoto Sta.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 weeks in 2010 when I was working in Kyoto. Great hostel super close to Kyoto station. Very clean with a super friendly staff. I've stayed here at various times since them. I no longer live in Kyoto but I visit often. I always check to see if this place is available.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gresik, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

It is located very near from Kyoto Station. We just need 3 minutes walk to Yodabahsi Mall near Kyoto Station. The navi bus stop no 205 is also very near from this hostel (2 minutes walk). And there is Sukiya restaurant in 3 minuts walk :)

The ensuite Japanese (rokujo-ma) room is very fancy with the bunk bed and tatami style. The room is quite large with separate shower room and toilet. This hostel has kitchen and living room in 1st floor, and extra refrigerator in 3rd floor.

The staff are friendly and helpful. We can buy the Kyoto Navi Bus 1 day pass in the reception.

Room Tip: The ensuite Japanese (rokujo-ma) is very nice and comfort
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Kyoto Hana Hotel is a relatively small, compact hotel that is spotlessly clean, a very good standard of room and excellent staff. The hotel is situated a short walk away from the main temple park areas and a mere stone's through form rail, metro and bus depot. Although my room was classed as being single, it was larger than the double room that I had at another hotel. The bed was certainly larger than a single. Standard of furnishings, fittings and facilities was very good. A safe is provided in the room for valuables. The only negative I can say was that my room window looked directly on to the wall of the building adjacent, but that was no inconvenience. If visiting Kyoto again, I would seriously consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Using your own mobile or cell phone in Japan can be very expensive. Because my travelling companion...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was here for one night and I had a good night sleep. This was my first time at a hostel and if every hostel was as clean, affordable, safe, and comfortable as this one I wouldnt have to worry. I stayed in a 8 person dormitory. The bed was huge and i slept on the upper bunk bed which was fun. The facility was nice and clean too. They provided each bed with a safe box with a lock where you can store your valuables in. The staff Asaka was friendly and helpful too. My only gripe about this place is that the safe was too small and there were only 2 electrical plugs. if you can look past these slight flaws this place is a win!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed for one night and wished we could have stayed longer. My partner and I booked a room with four bunk beds so we shared it with two other people. It was really clean and well kept - especially for a hostel! The room was quite large as well so all four of us weren't too crammed in. The common room is excellent and free internet really handy. The location is amazing - a 5 minute walk from train station and so close to everything. There is a massive shopping centre nearby with amazing food options! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We booked a double room, ensuite. There is an entrance hall, on the right, bathroom, ahead, separate toilet, on the left, bedroom. The bedroom is big, Japanese style, with a small tv, a hair dryer, air con. It's clean, and they came to change the bins after two days. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is WiFi on every floor. You can rent a bike. The kind bonus: every three nights you have a gift: choose from a bag of snacks, 5 postcards, your name in Japanese, or a day of bike rental.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed here for the first 2 nights of my Japan trip at the end of April 2014. Location was good as it was situated near Kyoto station, which was good after a 7 hour flight and 2.5 hour Shinkansen ride. Lawson and 7-11 are all around the vicinity so it was convenient if you want to head out to grab a night snack. The hostel also had a vending machine for beers, so no worries if you run out of beers in the middle of the night!

I stayed in a twin room at level 2. There wasn't any lifts so we had to carry our luggage up to our room so I was thankful that my luggage wasn't too heavy. Room and ensuite bathroom are clean but the room was relatively small after laying out our futons. There wasn't any space for our luggage thereafter. Even though there was a cupboard to keep the luggage, it was pretty dusty and thereafter, we left it outside and thus we don't really have much space for our luggage. Wifi was also slightly weak. However, with the price that they are charging per night, there isn't much to complain about. To me, as long as the room and bathroom are clean and the location is good, its all good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Kyoto Hana Hostel? Share your experiences!