“simple elegance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto

Save Saved
You added Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto to your Saves list
Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   432 Matsuyacho, Gojo Karasuma-dori Higashi-iru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 600-8105, Japan   |
Ranked #2 of 141 hotels in Kyoto
Brisbane, Australia
“simple elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Citadines Hotel/ serviced apartments was really more of a home away from home.....at least, that is what the staff made it feel like. Friendly, always ready with a smile and helpful advice, the staff are there when you need them without being obtrusive. The establishment in my opinion is centrally located, equidistant from Kyoto station and the pointy end of town....Ponotocho, Teramachi, etc. Gojo station is just over the road, as is an all hours convenience store (Lawsons), and wonderful restaurants around the corner. Little notes from the staff over our two week stay, and help with a couple of shops that we had to deal with made the stay very easy and memorable. The usual facilities are available- laundry, and handily located vending machines- theres nothing like a cold Kirin whilst waiting for the laundry to dry!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

903 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the reviews and it was an excellent choice. We arrived after our tour had finished to continue on the rest of our holiday. The room is very clean, light and had the amenities we needed. The staff were welcoming, spoke excellent English and were very accommodating.

The best surprise was when we came back to our room and found a note with lollies on our beds wishing us a happy birthday! They had taken note of our passports that our birthdays had just passed and the staff on duty at the time wrote a note and signed them off.

It was a memorable touch to our trip to Kyoto. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is my 2nd nite (of 4 Nites) in the Hotel and I have to say it's really an excellent choice and good value for money. I booked a Studio Twin and was not disappointed. There is a kitchenette with fridge, pots/pans and cooking pan. The room was reasonable size and everything works well for me viz. lightings for workdesk, reading, room; internet access via wired or wireless, great curtains, LCD TV, shower and bed. There is even a safe in the room.

The staff at the reception - esp. Akari - were very helpful with almost anything.

Location was fantastic - Gojo Station right at the doorstep or if you like to walk, Kyoto station is ony one stop or 15 mins away. Within 5-10 mins from the Hotel, we have a 24-hour supermarket, the 7-11, McD, a few good Japanese restaurants esp. one Japaneses Sato (inexpensive restaurant) nearby called Gojo Dori. From Citadines, it's easy to get to the attractions - by train, taxi or walk - to such places as Kiyomizu-dera Temple, Kyoto Imperial Palace, Nishiki Food Market, Nijo Castle, Fushimi Inari shrine, Karasuma & Gion districts. The Daimaru Department store is located very near the Nishiki Food market about 20 mins walk.

If there is any complaint, breakfast is not included hough you can pay for your American breakfast and the towels are small and thin.
I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to stay and will stay again in Citadines. Will definitely check out other Hotel within the Citadines and Ascott group.

Thank you for making my stay so wonderful!

Room Tip: Studio Twins are great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel was very conveniently located, next to the subway station and at walking distance to Kyoto train station. The rooms were small but cozy and well laid out. Service was excellent - the staff were very helpful and willing to to go out of their way to help.

If you are planning to visit Kyoto, this hotel is an ideal choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We chose this hotel as we were staying for a week so wanted a bit more space and amenities.
Hotel is very well located 15 mins walk to mainline Kyoto station, Gojo subway right outside and Gion/main shopping area a 15 min walk. The main tourist bus route stops across the road and there are a few restaurants within 100 metres including a McD!
Staff were really efficient, friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. We wanted a quiet room at the back but the reception staff suggested that as we were staying for a week he recommended a room at the front as there is alot more natural light and the rooms were well insulated. Our room was very light and airy, spacious with a kitchenette area with microwave, fridge, sink, basic stove and crockery so you could bring takeaways and eat in comfort, they even provided washing up bowl and clothes. Only negative was the size of the bathroom, the sink was in the room - it must be the tiniest one I have seen and I'm a little person! That said it was functional and really clean.
Launderette was a great bonus and soap can be bought at reception although it does get very busy.
The staff were really helpful and arranged for our luggage to be couriered to our hotel in Tokyo whilst we went to Hiroshima for a night - probably the best value service in Japan. Was a little dubious as to whether our bags would arrive - how could I have doubted them, bags arrived well ahead of us and were already placed in our room by the time we arrived.
Thank you to a great hotel and amazing staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I am sitting in my studio apartment having just cooked my breakfast and we are getting ready to go. It's just the right size for two. The bed are a bit hard for me but all beds are. I accidentally booked a double and they happily switched me to a twin room, so that I can toss with my bad back and not wake my husband. The location right next to Gojo Subway no. 1 exit is great and the supermarket 100m up the road is very well stocked. I booked online several months ago at a very reduced rate so the value is fantastic.

• Stayed February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights recently and loved the hotel... The location is absolutely perfect. Its just off the Gojo stop of the subway line, literally in front of the gate 1 entrance of the station. The staff is also very helpful. I had made the hotel reservation through hotels.com for 2 people. However, one of my friends decided to join for 2 nights so we needed an extra bed. They upgraded us to the deluxe room for those 2 nights for the extra charge of the bed, and then moved us back to our original room once he left. Really appreciated the flexibility. Finally, the rooms itself are very nice, comfortable and clean, albeit pretty small. But that's just a function of Japan I think. Internet is super fact though and easy to get all over the hotel. And the best part, they have a laundry room in the basement with washers and dryers. Absolute life saver since I had been traveling for 2 weeks at that point. Overall, highly recommend this place!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto? Share your experiences!