“Always Satisfied, Great Place for Kids” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #453 of 3,584 Restaurants in Kyoto
4.0 of 5 stars 16 Reviews
Cuisines: Noodle
“Always Satisfied, Great Place for Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have visited this restaurant many times, and are always satisfied. I usually order ramen, which is very good. They have been awarded as Best Ramen in Kyoto two years in a row, and I can see why. This restaurant is very appropriate for kids, because they play Tom and Jerry, the cartoon comedy. Your kids can sit and watch a funny TV show, while you can sit and relax while engaging in a conversation with a friend.

My family and I love it here, and I can't wait to go back.

• Visited July 2013

Tokyo, Japan
“Best Ramen in Kyoto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant is located in Ichijoji area (northern part of Kyoto near Ginkaku-ji). I think Takayasu is best ramen in Kyoto. Soup is made by pork and chicken bone ( I think) and maddy white. Teishoku (Ramen, rice and fried chicken) is the most popular menu.

• Visited February 2013
Tokyo, Japan
“The best ramen, ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The best tonkotsu ramen I've ever had in my life, the noodle, the soup everything in perfect combination. Nira goma topping is very spicy but going so well with ramen (free of charge!). Kara-age (fried chicken) topped with curry powder is crispy and taste just right. I ordered the set meal 950¥ ramen + 3 pieces of fried chicken. It was a bit too much. I can only finish one chicken. I have to ask for a bag to take home the left over. My suggestion, order the smaller set, ramen and a piece of chicken costs 750¥.

Staffs are very friendly and attentive. I would recommend this ramen for anyone.