The plus points of the Ryokan is it's location. Its not too far from Kyoto station which has a range of restaurants as well as others nearby. We walked to the station and back most times as the weather was pleasant, though buses are also convenient. The buses to Gion and ahead were also nearby. The staff were very friendly and spoke English. There is internet in the room and lobby and desktops for use as well. We asked for a twin, traditional room. Twin bed hotel rooms are generally larger in Japan. And not having a bed was fine, gave us more space. There was no view, just overlooked the street. The breakfasts, both western and japanese were very average and a bit boring as we were there for over five days. But we would leave early in the morning so it did not make sense to go out for brekker. There is a convenience store nearby if you want to stock up on snacks, yogurt and drinks.
- Also Known As:
- Kyomachiya Ryokan Sakura Hotel
- Kyomachiya Ryokan Sakura Hotel Kyoto
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kyomachiya Ryokan Sakura is designed like a traditional wooden townhouses in the past and combined with modern-style life. Located in the heart of the city and offers touch of japanese cultures." Feel you're living in Kyoto while you're travelling" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Kyomachiya Ryokan Sakura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.