“Modern ryokan with small rooms but helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sakura

and 1 more site!
You added Sakura to your Saves list
Sakura
433 Kamibentencho Shimokawaradori, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 605-0822, Japan (Kawaramachi / Karasuma / Shijo Omiya)   |
Ranked #24 of 89 B&Bs / Inns in Kyoto
Bern
“Modern ryokan with small rooms but helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed at this Ryokan in April 09. I found their Website on the Internet and I loved the pictures. But in reality I was disappointed. We booked especially the VIP Room because of the private garden but got the first nigth a normal room with only a small window where you can squeeze yourself out somehow and then you have like 1 meter of private space divided to the inner patio - this room was dark and felt very claustrophobic and I went to ask if this really was a VIP room and they told me yes....then I insisted of getting the VIP Room from the picture where we could move the next day. This room was better, with much more ligth and a small terrace and a tiny garden. But the room and bathroom still small and honestly I was disappointed about this place - I expected from the pictures so much more than what there is in reality. The Ryokan is noisy especially the rooms to the inner patio you can hear everything - on the VIP Room on the other side its sligthly better, but outside there is a sort of a pump which is also very noisy....The working staff is very nice, speaks good english and is very helpfull. Location is okay even though if next time going to Kyoto I would rather prefer to stay closer to Shijo or Gion or somewhere close to the Ishibe-Koji Street. So if you go to this Ryokan - stay only 1-2 nigths then its okay but for longer stays I wouldnt recommend - there has to be better accomodations in Kyoto for the same price!

• Stayed April 2009

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Sakura? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sakura

Address: 433 Kamibentencho Shimokawaradori, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 605-0822, Japan
Location: Japan > Kinki > Kyoto Prefecture > Kyoto > Kawaramachi / Karasuma / Shijo Omiya , Gion Higashiyama / Kita Shirakawa / Kurama / Yase / Ohara
Ranked #24 of 89 B&Bs / Inns in Kyoto
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sakura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sakura, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.