“spacious rooms for a Janpanese hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel

You added Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel to your Saves list
Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5-6-3 Kojidai, Nishi-ku, Kobe 651-2273, Hyogo Prefecture   |
Ranked #36 of 114 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
United Kingdom
“spacious rooms for a Janpanese hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

stayed here for 4 nights , 7 11 store just over the road , rooms quite big for a Japanese hotel .
one drawback no Wi-Fi in the bedrooms internet is via Ethernet cable , some laptops don't have this function so it could be a problem .
had Kobe steak in the upstairs restaurant very tasty indeed but watch out V expensive
had the buffet another night go for the buffet and as much beer as you can drink in a 2 hour period great value foe money
an in all a good hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location, close to commercial center and undergroud station - Good rooms with all services - Fair Prices - Personnel very kind - WiFi connection free but available only at the reception

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is quite elegant, is located inside a shopping mall and close to the metro. From the 14th floor, the rooms on the right also have the view of the bridge (very suggestive).
Free internet wi-fi, but only in the hall. The rooms are provided of cable for PC.

A very good choice in Kobe

Room Tip: Room with bridge view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
US/Phil.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

A nice small hotel in a strategic location near subway, grocery and mall. Staff barely understand English but were sincerely helpful even if they are so busy. There is only 1 person at the front desk who also attends to the phone calls and requests from guests. Like for example, I requested for a scissors, and the one at the front desk who check us was also the one who received my call and was also the one who searched for the scissors and brought it to my room. I think the hotel is undermanned. For non-Japanese speaking guests like me, it is frustrating because the hotel brochures or flyers or leaflets are not written in English, too, so you have no way to find out the infos you want unless you find luck in one staff who can somehow speak & understand English. They have PCs at the lobby with Internet connection paid at an hourly rate. This drained me of dollars because I couldn't find anybody to help me revert the keypad back to English when I mistakenly pressed a key that led me to Nippongo. The same person who admitted us in the hotel and brought me scissors is the same one who ran to me at the far end of the lobby to help me eventually after he entertained the new guests who have just arrived. In general, the hotel was small & quiet and served its purpose for me & my colleagues. Some disappointments, no nightlife whatsover or even a coffee shop that's still open from 8PM onwards. There is nightlife in the hotel penthouse, though. Breakfast was okay, as expected, more of Japanese dish served. We left early on our 3rd day for the airport and they packed us a big breakfast. This is the only hotel where I really liked the shampoo and conditioner they provide in the bathrooms. It does not make my hair dry & sticky. They also provide comb, ponytails, etc for women guests. I do not know if this the norm in Japanese hotels but I am comparing it with the western ones *& some parts of Asia. I like their comfort room, too, though I know this is basic in Japan. Overall, it is a clean, quiet and friendly hotel and I enjoyed my stay. The hotel, though, gave me an impression of Japan that it is rich, snobbish and it doesn't need tourist this is why they don't take time to make their place an English-speaking guest friendly area. Just an opinion, though.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled on business

Been to Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel

Address: 5-6-3 Kojidai, Nishi-ku, Kobe 651-2273, Hyogo Prefecture
Location: Japan > Kinki > Hyogo Prefecture > Kobe
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #36 of 114 Hotels / Ryokan in Kobe
Hotel Class:4 star — Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel 4*
Parking: 60 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Despegar.com, JAPANiCAN, TripOnline SA, Rakuten and Recruit Holdings Co Ltd (Inbound) so you can book your Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Kobe Seishin Oriental Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.