“wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 50 Attractions in Hiroshima
Type: Gardens
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This 17th-century miniature landscape garden was restored after its destruction in 1945, and contains a pond, streams, islets and bridges.
Taree NSW
4 attraction reviews
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I loved these gardens. This was the best garden I visited in Japan. It had a real sense of peace and beauty. I would recommend this to everyone

Visited January 2013

Cape Town
17 attraction reviews
“Quite a walk and only average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

An average garden by Japanese standards - pretty in parts but not really worth the walk. Other than the fact that the orginial garden was flattened by the a-bomb, there isn't really anything remarkable about it.

Visited December 2012
Cantraybridge
36 attraction reviews
“Beautiful garden, lovely staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really enjoyed seeing different gardens in Japan, and this one really was absolutely gorgeous - even on the freezing cold January morning I went there! I had to leave after 90 minutes as I was due to get a train to Hakata at 11.30am, but could easily have stayed for another hour. The garden is lovely: it really exemplifies the way in which Japanese gardens aim to look different from different angles and vantage points, it was amazing... the range of views available in such a small city park space was incredible! Also the koi were fat and impressive, and the small bamboo grove was beautiful!

I really enjoyed this place - very tranquil, lots to see and experience, and very well worth the modest entrance fee. In addition, it has a nice little cafe and a shop with some lovely souvenirs - handicrafts using scraps of kimono fabric and other things I'd not seen anywhere else! Very nice! Also the staff were very friendly here - especially the security guard who spoke with me for a while in very impressive English, and later took my photo for me as I left for my train! A very lovely place. I can only imagine how much more beautiful it is if you visit in spring or autumn...!

Visited January 2013
Melbourne
9 attraction reviews
“This is so under rated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We thought an hour or two on day one in town nearly got locked in we spent so much time wandering around admiring it.

Don't miss it

Visited November 2012
Segamat, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
“A very beautiful Japanese Garden and definitely worth visiting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We went there during the summer and we enjoyed that. I am sure it would be better in the autumn which we were supposed to go. We were also very lucky to witness a Japanese wedding there...
If going there in the summer, take an umbrella and mosquito repellent with you.