“restrained luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima

Save Saved
You added RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima to your Saves list
RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-78 Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture 730-0011, Japan (Kamiyacho Higashi Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 107 Hotels in Hiroshima
Lymington, United Kingdom
“restrained luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of a full tour of Japan. Had the view away from the sea towards the mountains. Very nice, clean and efficient hotel. Food was good with a good variety for all tastes. although we prefer to 'go native' and eat local meals rather than 'international'. Used recommended restaurants adjacent to the hotel.

Room Tip: Decide if you want a sea or mountain view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel just for a night as members of a conducted tour group in early April this year and that brief stay made us very happy and satisfied indeed. The room was somewhat constrained but comfortable. The toilet was beautiful and squeaky clean. The bed was comfortable too. We got excellent view of Museum of Arts, the Gokoku Shinto shrine and hills beyond from our 15th floor room.

Japan uses a 110V domestic supply and my battery charger worked only on 220V. I told my problem to the front desk while going out for supper and although there was a huge language barrier, apparently the guy understood and he told me in broken English that a transformer will be sent to my room shortly. By the time I returned from supper the transformer was there and I could charge my camera batteries overnight. I can't express my delight in words. Without this transformer my next 2 days would have gone photo-less. That I suppose was typical Japanese hospitality and efficiency.

Thanks to this hotel, we had a short but memorable stay in Hiroshima.

Room Tip: Can't really comment but our room facing North - North East offered an excellent view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here. Our room was a lovely corner room with views in two directions over the castle, city and hills. It was convenient to get to on the streetcar from the train station, and then just a short walk to the Peace Park and nearby shopping and restaurants. The free wifi in the lobby was also handy. They also had washing machines that you could use for free, but they were a bit more trouble then they were worth. Nice stay in Hiroshima.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cruden Bay, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Superb room on the 26th floor with spectacular views over the Peace Park and further out to the bay making it a very convenient location for a visit to the park and memorial. Large well appointed room and so clean. Beautiful bathroom. Queued for breakfast but only a short wait and a great buffet when we got in. Staff friendly and polite.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Our room was large and the beds were comfortable, and we had great view of the city. We had breakfast at the hotel, and the self-serve buffet had a great coffee maker that made a cup of coffee from fresh coffee beans at the push of a button. Our room was dated and in need of an update, but overall it was a very nice experience, and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the castle.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed for 11days and it was a wonderful stay. The #1 reason I chose this hotel is the size of the room. It is larger than other good hotels in Hiroshima. It has a closet to hang my clothing! It is conveniently located and the famous Atomic Dome is a walking distance. Sogo department store is connected to the hotel. On the basement floor you can find and buy many variety goods there. If you choose to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, you will get 15% discount. I like “Shusen” Japanese bar restaurant. I ordered room service twice. They were prompt and the dish I ordered (spaghetti with a Japanese twist) was very tasty. I didn’t go all the way up to the top floor to dine, but I heard the view is spectacular. Their bar is small & dark and located discreetly. Mr. Sakamoto is in a charge. He is very nice!
Rihga Royal Hotel is a large lobby area and the scale of the lobby tells it is a wonderful hotel to stay. I will come back next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall, the hotel was okay. Everything was well organized and clean. But room is a bit small, and room's design was bit old. e.g. there was no powerpoint beside bed, meanwhile redio&BGM machine is available.Room service was ridiculously expensive, and too much costs for other facilities such as gym/pool/restaurants inside the hotel.

Room Tip: I had a good city view from 16th floor. But for better view, you can ask if you can have castle view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima

Address: 6-78 Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture 730-0011, Japan
Location: Japan > Chugoku > Hiroshima Prefecture > Hiroshima > Kamiyacho Higashi Station , Kamiyacho Nishi Station
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Spa Hotel in Hiroshima
#3 Family Hotel in Hiroshima
#3 Business Hotel in Hiroshima
#3 Romantic Hotel in Hiroshima
Hotel Class:4 star — RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima 4*
With a stylish exterior designed in the image of Rijo, Hiroshima's famous "Carp Castle", the RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima offers a wealth of facilities and services befitting a hotel of the 21st century. This new symbol of Hiroshima, an international city of peace and culture, is sure to meet your every expectation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rihga Royal Hiroshima
Hiroshima Rihga Royal Hotel

If you own or manage RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.