“Hiroshima Classic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima

Save Saved
You added RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima to your Saves list
RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6-78 Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture 730-0011, Japan (Kamiyacho Higashi Station)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 107 hotels in Hiroshima
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Hiroshima Classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed for 11days and it was a wonderful stay. The #1 reason I chose this hotel is the size of the room. It is larger than other good hotels in Hiroshima. It has a closet to hang my clothing! It is conveniently located and the famous Atomic Dome is a walking distance. Sogo department store is connected to the hotel. On the basement floor you can find and buy many variety goods there. If you choose to eat at the restaurant in the hotel, you will get 15% discount. I like “Shusen” Japanese bar restaurant. I ordered room service twice. They were prompt and the dish I ordered (spaghetti with a Japanese twist) was very tasty. I didn’t go all the way up to the top floor to dine, but I heard the view is spectacular. Their bar is small & dark and located discreetly. Mr. Sakamoto is in a charge. He is very nice!
Rihga Royal Hotel is a large lobby area and the scale of the lobby tells it is a wonderful hotel to stay. I will come back next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall, the hotel was okay. Everything was well organized and clean. But room is a bit small, and room's design was bit old. e.g. there was no powerpoint beside bed, meanwhile redio&BGM machine is available.Room service was ridiculously expensive, and too much costs for other facilities such as gym/pool/restaurants inside the hotel.

Room Tip: I had a good city view from 16th floor. But for better view, you can ask if you can have castle view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MELBOURNE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel was in a good location but you cannot open the windows. We had a premier room and it was far too stuffy and hot. It really was like sleeping in a sauna. I would not stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Incredible location with beautiful views of the city from the rooms. The rooms were not as modern as other hotels in larger cities in Japan, but were very comfortable, clean and quiet. The service was incredible and one particular experience blew me away: On check-out, we were in a rush to catch the train to Osaka. We took a cab to the terminal, and when I boarded the train, I realized that I had left my camera in the taxi. I emailed the hotel concierge and they were able to a) locate the taxi that took us and find the camera and b) fedex the camera to the hotel in Osaka FREE OF CHARGE. This was incredible and I did not expect this, but was very gracious for that. In the evenings, we really enjoyed having sunset drinks in the rooftop lounge and restaurant. The live music (lounge music) was fantastic and the selection of Single Malts was commendable.
We really enjoyed the swimming pool in the hotel - It was huge, clean and full of natural light. Definitely a great way to start each day.
The proximity to the Peace Museum was a bonus.
While this hotel is not equivalent to some of the 5stars in other, larger Japanese cities (Tokyo, Kyoto), it is definitely the best hotel in Hiroshima.

Room Tip: Get a view of the park
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We selected this hotel over others in Hiroshima because of two reasons, one we got a good price through their website (although it was January so pretty off-peak ). Two, it's placement is probably the best in the city from a tourist perspective.
We stayed in a Superior Standard King room because we got such a good price. I had read on Trip Advisor that the rooms at this hotel could be a bit small and stuffy so I hoped that getting the superior room would be a bit better. Well I couldn't have been more pleased when we entered the room! The superior rooms are all on high floors ( ours was on the 29th ) so you're guaranteed a good view. The Rihga is probably the tallest building in downtown Hiroshima so from a high floor you can see forever, and the views of Hiroshima are well worth it. We had seen advice that you want to get a room facing the castle side of the building, but we didn't make any request and ended up facing the other way. I don't know why the castle side would be better, from our room we had a huge corner window which looked out over the A-bomb dome, the downtown area, and the Seto Inland sea together with Miyajima! Really I've never seen a better view from a hotel room. I don't think we turned the TV on once, it was just impossible not to look out the window the whole time.
The room was also impressively large and nicely appointed. It's not a modern hotel, a lot of the fixtures look like they would have been state-of-the-art about 20 years ago, but everything was immaculately taken care of. Although the taps and bath weren't modern, there were no chips or cracks anywhere, so it wasn't something we really noticed.
The breakfast was included with our room and was excellent. It included all the standards of a western breakfast, toast, eggs, pastries, fruit etc. There was also a Japanese breakfast on a different floor which we didn't try.
We also didn't try the sports facilities because they are very expensive, but there was free wired AND wireless internet, which was good. I hadn't expected wireless internet access but it worked perfectly. The staff also were excellent, with English being well spoken on the front desk. They helped us send our luggage to our next hotel in Osaka and made the whole process incredibly simple.
The hotel's location is probably it's biggest asset. It's about 5mins walk from the A-bomb dome itself, and the peace-park. But it's also right next to the downtown shopping area, it actually has direct access from the hotel into an adjacent mall complex which has loads of interesting restaurants. There's also a tram stop outside which will get you to the main station as well as the ferry for Miyajima (hint buy a Miyajima pass ticket when you get on this tram).

All in all I don't think we could have found a better place to stay in Hiroshima, I would recommend this place to anyone, especially if you get a superior room.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have guaranteed views, are very big and include breakfast. Get the view of the Set in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Styllish elegant hotel in a very good location, our room had a very impressive view. The huge department store next door also impressed. Had to ask for softer pillows which arrived almost as I requested them. The room was I think small although all other hotel rooms encountered on this trip were about the same size.

Warning- Japan is not a smoke free zone, although significant changes are being made.
A non-smoking booth next to a smoking one at a restaurant and a non-smoking room on a smoking floor does not work, especially at a temperature of about 26 'it is now 'winter' degrees. These comments are general and do not apply to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

For worst of reasons, Hiroshima is on must-visit of every visitor to Japan.

Recently we spent one night at this hotel, and would like to highlight that it is a good modern hotel near to the Peace Museum.. we were given a triple room on the 21st floor, and the night view from the window was fantastic. More elegant than its sister concern in Kyoto, it is closer to the peace park, however it is some 10 min taxi ride away from the station & there was no free shuttle , like it was there in Kyoto. Skip the pricey breakfast, as this is within walking distance of great shopping area, which may be a good option in the evening after a sorrowful visit to the peace museum. We took tram to Miyajimaguchi for the ferry to the island..the tram station is just behind A-bomb dome.

The hotel is joined to a high end mall, which is really nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to RIHGA Royal Hotel Hiroshima? Share your experiences!