“Nice atmosphere poor service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 1,448 restaurants in Hiroshima
Cuisines: Pasta, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Nice atmosphere poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We first ordered a plate of cold meat and chees. Food was nice but no bred was served with it. Had a white wine, which was okay but not more. Main dish was rather small, but had a good taste. The red wine, merlot, was way to warm and no big taste and nose. The grappa at the end was nice thou.

The service was rather poor. They didnt bothered to remove the dishes after every single course nor let us try the wine first but just pured it all in.

The location is nice althought quite modern and not so authentic as i would have expected from the previous comments.

Id say there are better italians around..

Chris, Switzerland

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Russi, Italy
“Very nice! A real taste of Italy and Romagna Region!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was in Hiroshima 10 days ago and I've seen other reviews of TOTIDE wine bar.
So we decided to go with a coworker on a Saturday night to have dinner there.
With great satisfaction we found a real "corner" of Italy both for the food served (very high quality and workmanship) and for the 'atmosphere and the furnishings of good design.
Very good wine is served also for a single glass.
Moreover this is reasonably priced.
But what it pushed me to do this review was the warmth and 'welcoming staff (very friendly and helpful, although the place was full of customers).
If you are in Hiroshima did not miss' opportunity to visit it.

• Visited March 2012
Rimini, Italy
“A true oasis of Italy in Japan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I've been in this restaurant just opened, with my Japanese colleague.
I liked the food and friendly service, I have tasted some wines, all very good and cheap price wine
Even the food is very good. Associations food / wine are excellent, especially the Sangiovese wine with cheese.
I very much appreciated the atmosphere in the restaurant, at the same time elegant and simple, which reflects very well the Italian style of old inns, revised in modern times.
Although far from Italy, for a few hours, I felt at home.
The only negative note is the small dimension, would be perfect if it was larger.
Recommend to all the pizza, cheese and pasta. All wines are Italian and very good level, especially Massellina

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very good wine and food,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Totide is a great place to meet friends or to go for a romantic evening, it's a very very lovely place!!! Their wine are FANTASTIC, and what about the price!!! Very cheap! The food is great too. The appetizer menu is just fabulous......including the best bruschetta I have ever had! The staff was very knowledgeable about the different wines and suggested food pairings with each. All the wine and the food are from Emilia-Romagna, the region of the good food (parmiggiano chease), beautiful car (Ferrari) and excellent wine (Sangiovese).

• Visited July 2011
Rimini, Italy
“Good wine very reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011 via mobile

I was in Hiroshima for business my friend suggest me this Italian wine bar , wine is very convenient and the atmosphere of the place really cool. I suggest to try the wide selection of cheese and my favorite wine Sangiovese Riserva , i do not remember the vintage. I also good pizza. I also suggest to try Albana di Romagna passito it is lime ice wine I tried in Canada and a good original italuan espresso at the end.

• 4 of 5 stars Food