“Best hamburgers and drinks in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 1,543 Restaurants in Hiroshima
Cuisines: American, Italian, International
Dining options: Late Night
Description: It has been 17 years since we first opened our doors and now, with a revamped menu and wide range of wine selection at reasonable prices, we are here to serve you better. Located near the Peace Park, it is an easily accessible place from any downtown hotels, hostels and ryokans. Our friendly and multi lingual staff is always here to make you feel at home. It is a place to meet strangers, friends, and locals over good wine and food. There is plenty of selection on the tap too, Heineken, Asahi Super Dry and Guiness to name a few. For your entertainment we have sports on TV, good music is always playing or you could just shoot some pool with the regulars. We also have live music frequently. It is all about good people, good food (most of them locally sourced) and a good atmosphere. It is one of the few places with free Wi-Fi. Do not forget to try out KeMBY's when you are in Hiroshima. On weekends our establishment has a lot of private functions so we advise you to call us in advance. Thank you.
Hatsukaichi, Japan
“Best hamburgers and drinks in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

There is nowhere better in Hiroshima to go than Kemby's for really good American food and a great, laid-back atmosphere! Unlike a lot of the cramped dives in Japan, Kemby's has it's own building, big enough for lots of tables, a full bar, and a pool table, along with a special second floor for wine and private parties. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and most of them are bilingual (or at least willing to try to use English!). Don't miss out on the amazing burgers and happy hour beers!

Hiroshima, Japan
“Relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere with amazing food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Kemby's was one of the first restaurants I visited when I moved to Hiroshima and still remains my favourite. The atmosphere is always great, the bar staff are always friendly and the Kemby's burger is the best burger I've ever had at a very reasonable price. They also have live music and a pool table so this suits me down to the ground. A highly recommended place to drink and eat but once you go there you will see for yourself!!

• Visited August 2013
Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima, Japan
“My go to restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Kemby's is one of my favorite places to eat in Hiroshima because of the varied menu and wonderful service! Everything I've tried has been delicious, and my only sadness is wanting more every time I finish a dish! The staff are very friendly and accommodating. They often have great live music on the weekends, and if you go on the right day, you can be surrounded by lots of people or have a nice quiet evening out. The wi fi is definitely an extra bonus, and the restaurant itself is very comfortable. When I first came to Hiroshima it was quite a lovely little oasis where I could speak English and read everything!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hiroshima, Japan
“Great place for eating with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Besides being one of the few restaurants in Hiroshima with English menus, Kemby's sets itself apart with well-prepared food in reasonable portions. The service can be a bit slow depending on what you order and how many other patrons are there, but nothing worth complaining about. I, for one, don't mind waiting a few extra minutes when it means my food will be hot and fresh, as it always is. There is regularly live music, and the atmosphere lends itself to relaxation. A great place to go with co-workers or friends for dinner and drinks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great place to meet up with friends for some wine and good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Kemby's is a perfect combination of the reliable and pleasantly unexpected. Whenever I've been there, I've always gotten good service and often found someone new to talk with at the bar.

With such a perfect location in the middle of downtown, near Hondori, Peace Park, and the Fukuro-Machi streetcar stop, it couldn't be any easier to drop in for a drink, a bite to eat or full meal, a game of pool, or some conversation. There's live music on a lot of weekends, too!

The staff speak both English and Japanese and there are fully comprehensible English menus, too. The head chef is amenable to reasonable requests and the management is friendly.

For a place with some really good wine, it's got a wonderfully casual atmosphere.

My favorite dishes are the avocado bacon beef burger, the avocado feta green salad, the onion rings, and the vegetable risotto.

• Visited June 2013