“Nice food, decent atmosphere, little bit cramped” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Molly Malone's

Molly Malone's
1-20 Shintenchi, nakaku | Hiroshima Tegeki Kaikan fourth floor, Hiroshima 730-0034, Hiroshima Prefecture
+81 82-244-2554
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 3,722 Restaurants in Hiroshima
Cuisines: Irish, British
New Zealand
“Nice food, decent atmosphere, little bit cramped”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The main course was very nice, I had the Fish and Chips and it was well cooked and a decent size portion (I had the medium size rather than large).

The place isn't that big and so the table we were at was a bit small to eat at but no big deal. The atmosphere was nice, no loud music or rowdy people.

The desserts were average and not particularly cheap either. I had the cheesecake and it was nice but nothing worth recommending. Maybe go for a walk and find a nice cafe to have coffee and cake afterwards, there are plenty near by!

Overall a nice dining experience in Hiroshima.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“A real Irish Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Great atmosphere, range of beers and pretty good food. Used to be full of more ex pats when Ford was in Hiroshima. Pretty quiet now. Must see view from men's toilets

Visited December 2011
Bel Air, Maryland
“Surprise on the 4th Floor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Well who would think that in the middle of the restaurant district in Hiroshima Japan you would find an Irish Pub..... Well here is it...

Had a black and tan with no problems... then went for the fish and chips and WOW.... the small helping was more then enough to eat!!

Hats off to the owners for this little gem!

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ayase, Japan
“Home again...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

There's something about a British Pubs that makes you feel as if you're "home" regardless of the country you're in! Molly Malone's is no exception. The staff is incredibly friendly, food is good and drinks are plentiful.

Side note: Molly's Med Cafe is also great. We routinely stop by there for the kebabs. The atmosphere is comfortable.

Tokyo, Japan
“Molly Malone's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

My family stopped by Molly Malone's for dinner, based on reviews that were out here on TripAdvisor. I had originally placed a review out here, but needed to edit that original review a bit. We had great luck with the appetizers- delicious, and of good size. We did not have as much luck with the main entree part. I ordered a cheeseburger, and it was very hard- I had to take the patty off the bun, as the bun was pretty rock solid. My girls (8 & 5) ordered pizza. The taste of the pizza was actually quite good. That being said, we had a major communication issue with the waitress in regards to what type of pizza we wanted. We asked, and thought she understood (through repeating what we said back to us) that both pizzas should just be cheese pizza- no other toppings. She said they only came with Bacon, and that they would take it off. When it arrived, the pizza had mushrooms, onions, olives- no bacon, but everything else that came with the pizza. Unfortunately, those types of things happen when you are in a foreign country and can't fluently speak the language. My original review stated that I would not go back for another visit. After I posted, I was contacted directly by the manager who corresponded with me on what the issues were and what how they would address them. After such good communication, we would definitely give Molly Malone's another shot!!

• Visited November 2011