“Nice hotel near the peace park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Daiwa Roynet Hotel Hiroshima

You added Daiwa Roynet Hotel Hiroshima to your Saves list
Daiwa Roynet Hotel Hiroshima
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1-3-20 Kokutaijimachi, Naka-ku | Yomiuri Hiroshima building, Hiroshima 730-0042, Hiroshima Prefecture   |
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels / Ryokan in Hiroshima
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tokyo, Japan
“Nice hotel near the peace park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here for a few days in Sept 2010. We used this hotel as a base for sightseeing in Hiroshima and Miyajima. It was conveniently located within walking distance from the Peace Park and can easily be accessed using the local tram. The rooms were clean and comfortable with a standard Japanese bathroom. The staff were helpful and I loved the bath salts (ladies' amenities) I got from the reception desk.
Overall its a good hotel to stay in if you want to explore Hiroshima.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Thai first
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights early May.Fantastic location close to Peace Park and opposite the tram stop.Nice little restaurant downstairs.
Only issues I have are petty!!
Very hot in foyer and lifts,I know this sounds mad but after walking for kilometers each day we were pretty warm!!Air con was great in the room.I know you don't go on holiday to watch TV but the odd English speaking channel would have not have gone amiss,CNN or BBC world??
A few sachets of coffee or western tea,only Green tea in room.
We only ate the breakfast once,hubby does not drink coffee and only alternative was green tea so we went elsewhere.
Staff were very helpful, very high tech checkin and checkout!
Room was compact but all we needed as we were on the go so much.
Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I traveled throughout Japan on a research program for 10 days in August. In that 10 days, we stayed in 5 different hotels. The Daiwa Roynet Hotel Hiroshima was the best by far. The hotel was new (and if it wasn't, it appeared to be), spotlessly clean, the rooms were small (per usual in Japan) but efficient, and the staff was friendly and engaging. I honestly did not want to leave my room.

I loved the hotel breakfast, with the various options. You could choose from a more Western-style menu or a traditional Japanese breakfast. Tried them both and was extremely pleased with each.

Stay here if you're in Hiroshima on business.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

This hotel is very close to the Peace Park and right across the street from the tram stop. The double room we booked was clean with a queen sized bed, full bathroom, and in room internet. When we checked in I was offered to choose from an assortment of bath extras, including a body sponge and a bath seltzer. The breakfast plan at the hotel was mediocre - the Japanese version consisted of natto, miso, nama tamago, and fish.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I booked this hotel over the phone from the US after reading lots of Japanese travelers' reviews. I wondered why the foreign travelers have not left any reviews, and was a little cautious about making a reservation here. Oh, wow, I am blown away with the quality and value of the hotel!!!!!!! I have stayed in Ryokans in Kyoto and Miyajima and the cheapest Ryokan (sharing the bathroom with others) was 36,000 yen/night! I cannot believe how nice and new this hotel is, and how sincere and nice the hotel staff are!!!!!!! I almost wanted to extend my stay in Hiroshima! Any travelers from the US, stop looking! Stay here. You have my word.

I asked for an extra pillow, and the hotel staff downstairs showed me a series of pillow choices that I can choose from, and she brought it upstairs herself! The check-in process is pretty much self-driven. You get the room key (very thin!) and use that in one of the machines near the front desk. From there, everything is self-explanatory! The Internet is free (anyone who have stayed in traditional Ryokans will appreciate the significance of this!), and the location is golden! I had a large piece of luggage and dragging that onto the streetcar from the Hiroshima station was not a small task. But I will not ever consider staying anywhere else but this place. We paid barely over 10,000 yen/night, and it included breakfast for both.

I would love to come back to this city, just to stay at this hotel again. (by the way, I am a Hilton diamond member and travel 50% on my job, so I am not always a budget traveler. Still, I loved this efficient hotel so much!!! Much better than some four star Hiltons I've stayed at!)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I was very impressed with the Daiwa Roynet.

The hotel was clean and modern. So modern in fact that it has automatic check-in service -- something that was novel for me.

However, as I had paid already through Opodo, I checked in the "old fashioned" way, and the staff were warm and friendly, with excellent English. During my stay I asked them for directions to a post office and camera shop, and they very helpfully marked several appropriate alternatives on my map.

The room was very nice -- the size was fine for a single, and it had all the mod-cons (fridge, flat-screen TV, Internet, iron, trouser press, dehumidifyer, and plenty of sockets and controls). The bathroom was a generous size and moden. Everything was completely spotless. There was also a laundry room on-premises --- very handy.

I couldn't get the TV to display any TV channels. You had to buy an access card for pay TV (from a vending machine outside), but it wasn't clear whether that included normal TV channels too, or whether I was just inept with the remote. Also there were no foreign cable TV (BBC, CNN, etc.) advertised. Not a big problem as I wasn't in Hiroshima to watch TV.

I would have preferred Wi-Fi to the wired Internet (an odd omission for a new hotel), but that is a minor gripe. Alternatively a much longer LAN cable would have been nice so I could have used my laptop from my bed.

The location is excellent. Almost directly opposite a tram stop, with lines going to the station (for the shinkansen), and to Nishi Hiroshima (for changing to the tram/ferry to Miyajima). 2 convenience stores right nearby. 3 minute walk to Peace Boulevard, 7 minutes to the Peace Memorial Park.

I didn't eat at the restaurant, but it seemed to be a normal restaurant that opened onto the street as well as the hotel. It looked clean and was very popular whenever I passed, so it looked very promising.

All-in-all, I was very happy with my stay at they Daiwa Roynet, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Business hotel that is extremly functional. This hotel opened 1 year ago and looks brand new. Free internet in room.
Easy access from JR raail station via local rail. Location is very close to the Peace Dome.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Daiwa Roynet Hotel Hiroshima? Share your experiences!