Strangely, in spite of the Lilliputian size of the room, one of the best places we stayed in Japan, due to its incredibly good value for money, friendly and helpful staff and complimentary facilities.
It is very close to the station for people with heavy luggage. Although the size of the room and name might suggest it is geared for executives, it also caters for tourists. We got a genuinely warm welcome from extremely efficient staff and I was given a gift bag containing a little sillk bag, loofah, bath salts and coloured squares (with instructions) to make paper cranes - a nice touch. There were details in the room regarding which trams to take get to the Peace Park and how to get to Miyajima island.
If you have read the Tripadvisor reports in advance, as we did, you will take the room size into consideration when booking and know what to expect. The room was indeed cramped, about 8' x 8', plus a "small but perfectly formed" bathroom. We were prepared for this and were willing to compromise on space because of the incredible value for money and additional free facilities and for 2 nights, happy to meet the challenges of the room size with humour (though our good humour might have been tested if there had been more than just the two of us or if we had stayed for longer). Bizarrely, I suspect that whoever designed the building also had a sense of humour as the cell-like rooms had heavy metal doors! Nevertheless, the fact so many practical things were included in the room is a true tribute to the ingenuity of Japanese design!
The small but deep oval bath was Ok for us, but, in retrospect, I wonder if the free onsen typr bath, available to men and women at different hours , was offered to accommodate the "larger guest" , who might have trouble with the bath in their room.
In spite of all this, this hotel still deserves full marks, as it is impossible to baulk at the incredible value for money, with the rates including:
* A generous (mainly Japanese) buffet breakfast, including 3 different sorts of rice triangles, meatballs, fresh salad, boiled eggs, pastries, miso soup, good coffee (if no fresh milk).
* Free fast Internet in the lobby and laptops available for hire.
* Free onsen-type bath.
* Vending machines on every floor.
* Use of dining area with free hot & soft drinks 24/7 (so why sit in your room?) to relax & read newspapers available, eat your own food, watch TV.
* Free washing machines and dryers.
* Delightful staff, happy to look after luggage after checkout.
Good things come in small packages!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.