“my new favorite Sapporo Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cross Hotel Sapporo

You added Cross Hotel Sapporo to your Saves list
Cross Hotel Sapporo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-23 Kita 2 Jo Nishi, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0002, Japan   |
Ranked #5 of 160 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Long Beach, California
“my new favorite Sapporo Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

as my other reviews indicate I tend to stay at business hotels or boutique hotels as I hate paying for services I never use. This place is great! A true king size bed, a killer rooftop rotenburo and sento, great location (especially if you already know Sapporo well), accommodating staff, and a true sense of style.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Stay here for 3 night during Sapporo Snow Festival.

Hotel Location: About 40 minutes from New Chitose Airport to Sapporo station cost 1,040 Yen, then, easy walk from Sapporo Station to this hotel (6 - 8 minutes) if you know the direction and from hotel to Odori Park (8 - 10 minutes), Susukino area & Tanukikoji street (another 10 minutes from Odori Park) through underground walkway. Although these areas can be reach by train but walking seems a better option during winter as it is warm, safer and shopping arcades available in the underground walkway.

Room: Stayed in Urban style room w/o breakfast. Satisfied with everything except no safe box provided but this salvage by wide range of FREE in house movies selection including Japanese Adult Movies, hee.... but i am not the fan :) Don't bother to bring your own pajamas as they provided it. Thumb up for eco cleaning with 500 Yen shopping voucher reward to you daily. For room sight, log on to hotel wedsite.

Facilities: Onsen Spa (F.O.C. bath) on the top floor is great. Indoor and outdoor onsen (Open air) overlooking the Sapporo street, i enjoy very much on outdoor one when snowing at 11pm (of course, you are totally naked here with one piece of small towel covering "it" if you think that is necessary). Also, a relaxing after bath's lounge attached with drink vending mechine is available next door to Onsen.

Nearby: Few Japanese restaurants around the corner. Open still late, try 3 of it, standard is moderate But don't visit the Exist Bar Restaurant located on the 2nd floor of the right corner building of the hotel's main entrance. Why? Food taste is just so so, still, they imposed so call "cover charge" at 368 Yen per person, ???? When question about it, they told me that this is Japanese style. That is not the money matter but principle wide. What a rib off!!!!

Hotel Staff: Ok, nice job to them. Take note that the hotel's strict check in / out time policy (3pm / 11am), i try my best to persuade them to let me get in the room as "earliest" as possible due to my early arrival (11:30pm). Thankfully, my baggage is successfully make it but i only manage to "slip" into the room at 2:30pm although the room is available upon my arrival, you want earlier than this, pleae pay, thank you.

Overall is great, will come back again next time.

Room Tip: Urban style room is adequate.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed at the Cross Hotel for a total of 6 nights recently during the Sapporo Snow Festival. The hotel is a easy 7-10 minute walk from the JR Sapporo station. We arrived via the airport express and wheeled our suitcase to the hotel. Not exactly a walk in the park given the icy and snowy conditions, but nevertheless, we managed to do so. The hotel is easily found, it's essentially one straight road directly from the station's South exit. It is 5-7 minutes walk to Odori park, where all the action was taking place. From Odori Park, Susukino is another 3-5 minutes walk. So from the hotel, everywhere is easily walkable and we found no need to take the subway within the city center.

As we got there early, we checked in, dropped our bags with the receptionists, and took a walk around. We got back after lunch at around 2 pm and was informed our room was ready and our bags are already in the room.

We stayed in a Deluxe Twin room. The room was very spacious and as the deluxe rooms were located at the far end of the floor, away from the lift lobby, so it's very quiet. More than enough space to walk around and to open up our 2 huge suitcases. There's a sitting area as well as a small entrance area in the room. There's coffee/tea making facilities and the usual small refrigerator, but they didn't stock it up with drinks and snacks at cut-throat prices as most hotels were wont to do. The fridge was empty which allowed us to stock up our own drinks and snacks. Amenities were generous and well thought out, and the room was very quiet despite the full occupancy of the hotel. Beds were comfy and there was also a selection of pillows (we were given the typical Japanese pillows which were half filled with beans, but I found a pair of soft feather pillows in the wardrobe). The airconditioning works, so there was no unpleasant experience of an overheated room, which tends to happen during winter in a lot of hotels. There is a large daiyoukojou (public bath) on the top floor of the hotel, which afforded a lovely view of Sapporo city whilst you soak. The water however smelled chlorinated, so I don't think it's a natural mineral onsen as such.

Receptionists and front desk staff were very helpful and friendly, assisted us in restaurant bookings, and suggested alternatives when our first choice was unavailable. Provided maps, directions, recommendations for sightseeing and things to do. Plenty of eateries around the hotel. If the hotel breakfast gets a bit monotonous after a couple of days, there is an excellent bakery (Swan bakery) right next to the hotel. There are also convenience stores at both ends of the block, so stocking up on drinks and such is not a problem.

Our stay was broken up by a few overnight short trips to areas around Sapporo. Every time we re-checked in the following day at around 1-2 pm, we were told the room was ready and our bags were already in the room. We were not charged extra on the one occasion when we checked in well before the check in time.

On one occasion, I left my diamond earrings behind in our room. In a state of panic, I called up the hotel, and was told they had found them and had locked them up for safe keeping. Upon my return the next day, my earrings were indeed packaged up nicely ready for my collection. Needless to say, I was most relieved and commend them on their level of service (and honesty!)

All in all, a very very good experience with this hotel. I would definitely choose Cross Hotel when I am next in Sapporo again.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and book the Deluxe Twin Room. It's a bit weird to sleep on separate beds fr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The hotel just located in the hear of Sapporo, within 10 mins walk from JR station.
The room is clean and there is a big bathing room in the top floor with the great view.

There are two nice restaurants just next to the hotel and open till 10pm and 11pm, one is selling dumpling and the other is selling BBQ food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada - Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 2 or 3 nights to end our hokkaido trip. It was great. We got in prior to check in time, they've checked us in but the rooms weren't ready so we left our luggage at the front desk for safekeeping then headed out for lunch. When we got back, the luggage was already in our room waiting.

The room was very clean and much more toiletries were provided than your typical North American chain hotel. Loved the rooftop bath!

Location was great. We were within walking distance to large malls, main train terminal, post office right behind the building and best of all, a very yummy bakery just beside the hotel.

We very much enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Cross Hotel is located somewhere between Sapporo and Odori Station, so you'll have to walk a short distance to get there (slightly difficult with snow on the ground). We dropped our luggage at reception before heading to Otaru for a night and they were very attentive to send it to our room before we checked in the next day. The room was stylish and clean. Toiletries in room was nice. You could have a good view of Sapporo from the onsen.
There's free wifi in the lobby, but somewhat inconsistent at times. The staff were quick to attend to our questions and give recommendations for food. They'll give a 500yen voucher for daimaru if you opt out of housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Hotel is located not far from Sapporo Station; very central location in Sapporo.

The service was excellent & the rooms were comfortable. I love the minimalist deco. Stayed here for 2 nights in October, on the first day arriving in Hokkaido, then 4 days later on our last night in Hokkaido.

On the top floor there is an onsen, relaxing to soak in the bath with the fantastic view of Sapporo at night.
Despite the rooms & everything being small, it was very comfortable & clean.
The toiletries are good & I was so impressed with the shower Gel & shampoo / conditioner provided that I tried to find it in shops. Later, after checking with the reception, I learned that it was not available in retail in Hokkaido, only in Tokyo. I later emailed the hotel with the same inquiry & they replied with links to an online store in Japan. Excellent follow up service.
Parking is free for hotel guests, they have a parking service at the hotel.

Next to the hotel, there is a Post office with an ATM machine that serves international ATM customers.

Overall, I was quite happy staying at this hotel. On our last day, we got up late & was 25 mins late for our check out & had to pay an extra 1500 yen. Not a big deal, but something to note if you are going to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cross Hotel Sapporo? Share your experiences!