“Don't get the annex!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Route Inn Sapporo Ekimae Kitaguchi

You added Hotel Route Inn Sapporo Ekimae Kitaguchi to your Saves list
Hotel Route Inn Sapporo Ekimae Kitaguchi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nishi 4-2-2, Kita 7-jo, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0807, Japan (Sapporo Station)   |
Ranked #51 of 160 Hotels / Ryokan in Sapporo
Singapore, Singapore
“Don't get the annex!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was in Sapporo at a peak summer period, and couldn't get any other affordable hotels, so I went with this one. Booked it through Agoda.com, but when we got to the hotel, we were told they never confirmed it with Agoda, although Agoda has confirmed it to us. As a result, we couldn't get the room in the main & newer building, and got the older Annex instead. They also refunded Y2000 per night.

The annex was decent enough, but the worst thing is the aircon was awful. You can't adjust the temperature & it was the hottest summer in Hokkaido. The room was very stuffy in the afternoon. We complained, and they gave us a fan, which made the heat slightly more bearable.

Its location is the best thing this hotel have going for them. Really near to the JR Sapporo station, literally just behind the station. It's also near to Hokkaido University campus, which is a nice sightseeing spot.

Their breakfast has more variety & range than other budget hotels, and very filling, so I enjoyed the breakfasts.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed at Hotel Route Inn Sapporo Ekimae Kitaguchi for 5 non-consecutive nights in the summer a couple years ago, including 4 nights at the main building and 1 night at the annex. I got a very good rate from the hotel's special promotion.

The hotel is very close to the North entrance/exit of the JR Sapporo station, about 30 seconds of walk if you get green light to cross the street.

The main building was much newer than the annex. I was given a quiet high-floored room as requested. As most of other Japanese business hotels, the room was packed. The bed in the single room was 140cm wide, not the typical 123cm; but for me, I would rather trade the large bed for more room space. My room in the annex had old, stained carpet, but it was a little more spacious. There were two computers with internet at the corner of the lobby for guests.

The breakfast (complimentary with my room rate) was excellent!!! Totally exceed my expectations. There were plenty of choices. After the big breakfast, I didn't feel hungry until about 2pm :-)

Between my two stays, the hotel stored my luggages, so that I was able to just bring a small backpack to Furano. The front desk spoke a little English, but I had no communication problem with them.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I recently stayed at Route Inn, Sapporo with my five year old son. You can see the hotel as soon as you exit Sapporo Station (north exit). The room in the main building was clean and was comfortable. As is usual with Japanese hotels the room was compact.

The rate (about $70) included buffet breakfast and there was a good selection of western food and Japanese food.

Not the Ritz but in terms of location and overall value for money I rate it with 5 stars. I'll be staying there again the next time I'm in Sapporo.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
HKG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

It was the lowest pricing hotel in our travel package. We stayed there in 2 separate nights. On the first day we felt it was so-so, as the staff at the reception was not very helpful in keeping our luggage and answering enquiries before the check-in time. The guestroom was rather small but clean and tidy. On the second day, we met a very good staff, especially in arranging our early check-in request and providing information for our sightseeing. Its location is very convenient, just the road opposite to the North Exit of Sapporo JR station. A Nikon showroon is located in the next building.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

This hotel is in an excellent location - literally just outside the station's north exit and a walkable distance from many sights. I wasn't able to book a room in the main part of the hotel, so I got a room in the annex. The carpet was heavily stained, but the room was clean and the bathroom seemed to have been recently re-done. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, especially the pillow. The price is very good and for the convenience of getting around the city it can't be beat. The buffet breakfast was quite good with a large selection, though mostly Japanese food. I was in town for a conference and several of my colleagues were staying in the main building. I didn't hear any complaints from them, so this hotel is a good choice if you can get a regular room. The staff speak enough English to help you get by, though the website is in Japanese.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Route Inn Sapporo Ekimae Kitaguchi? Share your experiences!