I am currently writing this FROM the Tianyuan Tower where I am staying for a conference. On the positive side, my room is lovely, the food is good and the lounge attractive, on the negative:
1. The site I booked through said the total price would be RMB 1992, on check in the charged my Visa RMB3000 (£100 more!) I amd currently waiting for confirmation that this is because they put a charge of that amount on all Visas on check in and deduct on checkout as I know some places do - but it looked to me that they were charging for breakfast too and god knows what else (given that breakfast was quoted as being included). Unfortunately my Mandarin is as limited as ther reception's English so I am still in the dark...and unable to move hotels due to the charge.
2. On the "God knows what else" Every website advertises the amazing health and recreational facilities - a pool, a fitness centre, a spa and so on. On asking at reception, neither the pool for fitness centre is in existence, and the spa is for MEN ONLY - the only recreation open to women is a foot massage.
Because I booked this place as a business hotel, the facilities were important to me as I intended to maintain my fitness regieme with the short time I had outside the conferences rather than sight see - and arguably, the only sights near the hotel are tower blocks (although the hotel does have a booth for organising trips).
3. They charge £3 (RMB30) for a tea the size of an espresso!
4. The "shopping arcade" they advertise also doesn't exist.
(Luckily wireless access is free as I guess this is where I'll be spending most of my time!)
The level of English spoken is minimal (I admit, my Mandarin is extremely poor too), so it is very hard to communicate. They couldn't even locate my name on the booking voucher.
If you are here and you want a nice place for the night, then go for it, but if you are after the "excellent" recreational facilities that all sites seem to suggest, a foot massage just does not cut it... although, once everything is built, it _WILL_ be wonderful! (As I said, ring first!)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Travelocity, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Tian Yuan Tower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.