Happened to select this by chance due to the requirement of a quiet friendly place for relaxation and rest. Was greatly relieved that the choice was upto the expected objectives. Checked-in around midnight for two days stay.....staff were ready with my bookings, an upgrade, a lake-view room that was earlier misplaced due the upgrade was immediately corrected to an upgraded lake view room...all in just a few minutes! Room was big, clean, beds very comfortable in stark contrast to many other Crowne Plaza hotels, very good toiletries with the exception of the blunt shaving razor, as it seems to the blunt tradition of all crowne plaza hotels, good care of the bell boy, housekeeping staff, the club lounge custodian, etc. hotel has got a good swimming pool, fitness center nearby the club buildings. being a resort the rooms are to be first found like walking through a crystal maze! Breakfast was ok...no great international cuisine but food was go good quality and tasteful. The hotel has some convenient shuttles to the west lake, but could have had a couple more in the mornings too. There were not in vision anyone who commands a small army of the people who work here, sometimes that is visible with minor glitches in the quality of service and work here and here. Hotel gives bicycles on a two hour hiking around or free...a free tennis court usage, which I did not use. Staff are so oriented to the needs of the guests that I was enquiring at awe the fruits hanging in front of the hotel on the many trees and to my surprise I found one plucked and put on my table n the room when I returned back! Very intelligent guys, I could see. Kudos. In all, a property not much patronized but for sure a great wonderful lake view with a lot of birds giving u a more relaxed feeling than any other it's based hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Xanadu Hotel Hangzhou
- Sofitel Hangzhou
- Accor Xanadu Hotel Hangzhou
- Hangzhou Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Wenyan Town, near the junction of the Qiantang, Fuchun and Puyang Rivers, the Resort presents an idyllic natural environment and incorporates the Xiang Lake tourism area, an official venue for the World Leisure Expo 2011. Hotel covers an area of 94,000 square meters; forested 28,221 square meters. Situated by Tiger Mountain, the hotel has its own Swan Lake, where the Swans, Ducks and Mandarin Ducks are dwelling. In the hotel, you will enjoy the natural beauty away from the modern life. Having a meeting or on a trip – whatever your purpose is, our hotel will provide every convenience to guarantee your trip is a success. Our hotel can be used as an extension of your office. We have 301 distinctive rooms, including 19 suites, 62 Crowne Plaza Club rooms. All rooms are well-designed with the minimum size of 40 square meters; some rooms even have a feature balcony for you to enjoy the stunning view of the lakes and mountains. Zest CaféZest Café located on the first floor of Conference centre, the elegant and stylish lake-view International restaurant, you can order exquisite food delicacies cooked by our hotel chef. It also serves International buffet, with seafood selection, authentic Brazilian barbecue, cocktails and desserts, presenting you a feast of delicacy.Waterfront Terrace Waterfront terrace on the Swan Lake can be used for various outdoor parties and is an ideal choice for private gatherings, weddings, product promotions, cocktail receptions and company meetings.Tao Yuan Chinese RestaurantIn a luxurious and elegant atmosphere, enjoy the modern-style Cantonese cuisine, delicate Hangzhou cuisine, local Sanjiang special cuisine and a variety of afternoon tea dim sums. 37 private rooms in diversified styles and a function room for 550 guests can accommodate functions of all sizes. Muse Lobby BarRelaxing and easy atmosphere, flavorful coffee, authentic tea, exquisite snacks and mellow wines, Muse Lobby Bar is an excellent venue for a business negotiation with your partner or a friends gathering. The resort is at the prime location of Hangzhou whether it’s for business or leisure purpose.It has 21 meeting rooms in different size and design. The impressive Xanadu ballroom offers 864 square meter of event space and accommodates up to 800 guests for a theater style meeting and 550 guests for a round table dinner set up. The 460-square-meters Xiang Lake ballroom can accommodate up to 350 guests for a classroom set up, and cocktail reception for 550 guests. The VIP Reception Centre located by the Swan Lake, it is an exclusive meeting and dining venue and ideal for private dinners, weddings, cocktails and corporate meetings. Other meeting rooms of various sizes that offer the organizers and participants ample space which can handle groups of 10 to 450 people.The resort offers meeting organizers and participants world-class meeting facilities including the latest audiovisual equipment which are supported by the services of a team of professionally trained staff. For absolute relaxation, you can unwind with an invigorating swim in our 25-meter lap pool; practice your swing at the tennis court, test your skills in the billiard chess and table tennis room, enjoy fishing and boating in the lake that commands a majestic view of the surrounding with the company of swans. The health centre features a gymnasium with state-of-the-art exercise equipment. For a moment of serenity, the jogging or bike trail provides an interesting option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Olotels, Agoda, Venere, Hotels.com, Ctrip DaoDao and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.