Older hotel with many modern conveniences. Room furnished with beautiful "dark cherry" furnishings. Modern, western-style bathroom. Plenty of hot water for shaving and bathing, and bottle water furnished free for making tea in room. No problems with electrical or internet service. "Best" breakfast in buffet-style, offering wide selection of oriental and western food. Easy to eat quickly and get on about business. Conference center bright and efficient. All staff very helpful and friendly. Quick about duties.
This is a very pleasant place to stay as it has a beautiful view of Xianghu Lake framed by mountains. An early morning walk on hotel grounds to view gardens, swans, and geese is recommended for a peaceful start to the day. I found it very calming, in contrast to the tourist activity at West Lake.
Hangzhou is one of the most beautiful cities in China, with the absolute latest fashion and convenience as shown in the "Sun and Moon" architecture and the new mall. It's gardens and lakes are fabulous, and I heartily recommend a visit to a tea plantation for a better understanding of the methods and value of Chinese teas.
One small thing. I would have preferred slightly lighter color carpet in the halls and rooms, as it gave the impression of being a bit too dark in those areas at night and during foggy days, suggesting perhaps not being cleaned well. But that was only a personal thing, and I found the room to be spotless.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Xanadu Hotel Hangzhou
- Sofitel Hangzhou
- Accor Xanadu Hotel Hangzhou
- Hangzhou Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Wenyan Town, near the junction of the Qiantang, Fuchun and Puyang Rivers, the Resort presents an idyllic natural environment and incorporates the Xiang Lake tourism area, an official venue for the World Leisure Expo 2011. Hotel covers an area of 94,000 square meters; forested 28,221 square meters. Situated by Tiger Mountain, the hotel has its own Swan Lake, where the Swans, Ducks and Mandarin Ducks are dwelling. In the hotel, you will enjoy the natural beauty away from the modern life. Having a meeting or on a trip – whatever your purpose is, our hotel will provide every convenience to guarantee your trip is a success. Our hotel can be used as an extension of your office. We have 301 distinctive rooms, including 19 suites, 62 Crowne Plaza Club rooms. All rooms are well-designed with the minimum size of 40 square meters; some rooms even have a feature balcony for you to enjoy the stunning view of the lakes and mountains. Zest CaféZest Café located on the first floor of Conference centre, the elegant and stylish lake-view International restaurant, you can order exquisite food delicacies cooked by our hotel chef. It also serves International buffet, with seafood selection, authentic Brazilian barbecue, cocktails and desserts, presenting you a feast of delicacy.Waterfront Terrace Waterfront terrace on the Swan Lake can be used for various outdoor parties and is an ideal choice for private gatherings, weddings, product promotions, cocktail receptions and company meetings.Tao Yuan Chinese RestaurantIn a luxurious and elegant atmosphere, enjoy the modern-style Cantonese cuisine, delicate Hangzhou cuisine, local Sanjiang special cuisine and a variety of afternoon tea dim sums. 37 private rooms in diversified styles and a function room for 550 guests can accommodate functions of all sizes. Muse Lobby BarRelaxing and easy atmosphere, flavorful coffee, authentic tea, exquisite snacks and mellow wines, Muse Lobby Bar is an excellent venue for a business negotiation with your partner or a friends gathering. The resort is at the prime location of Hangzhou whether it’s for business or leisure purpose.It has 21 meeting rooms in different size and design. The impressive Xanadu ballroom offers 864 square meter of event space and accommodates up to 800 guests for a theater style meeting and 550 guests for a round table dinner set up. The 460-square-meters Xiang Lake ballroom can accommodate up to 350 guests for a classroom set up, and cocktail reception for 550 guests. The VIP Reception Centre located by the Swan Lake, it is an exclusive meeting and dining venue and ideal for private dinners, weddings, cocktails and corporate meetings. Other meeting rooms of various sizes that offer the organizers and participants ample space which can handle groups of 10 to 450 people.The resort offers meeting organizers and participants world-class meeting facilities including the latest audiovisual equipment which are supported by the services of a team of professionally trained staff. For absolute relaxation, you can unwind with an invigorating swim in our 25-meter lap pool; practice your swing at the tennis court, test your skills in the billiard chess and table tennis room, enjoy fishing and boating in the lake that commands a majestic view of the surrounding with the company of swans. The health centre features a gymnasium with state-of-the-art exercise equipment. For a moment of serenity, the jogging or bike trail provides an interesting option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip DaoDao, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.