I travelled to Hangzhou with 6 friends. I shared a deluxe bedroom with two of my friends.
-Clean, spacious room
-Good breakfast – had chinese and western breakfast
- Centraly located. Close to the the West Lake – 10 minutes walk. Lots of shops and restaurants around.
- poor english skills among the employees
-was stuck in the elevator – used the phone inside the elevator. Here comes the conversation between me and the woman on the phone (receptionist): «Me: Do you speak english? Receptionist: A little. Me: I am stuck in the elevator, I can not get out! Receptionist: What’s your room number?» Jeez!!! Thank GOD that I dont have clautrophobia! I was stressed though as I was in a hurry to check out, to catch a waiting cab to another city... The whole thing ended up with me pushing the alarmbutton as I just lost the person on the other side of the phone. I pushed the alarmbuttom for 2 min (2 min seems like ages when you are stuck in the elevator..!) - and could barely hear the alarm. After approx 10 min, I was still stuck in the elevator – and no help was in sight... I desperately tried to get to another floor in and hoped that the door would open. So finally – the door opened on the 6th floor. And when I finally got to the reception – it didnt seem like anyone took notice of the elevator being «broken», and me being stuck in there... I didnt even try to explain to the recetionist what happened, as I would probably spend 30 minuts + to make them understand what I am saying, as their english skills is so poor... Hopeless...
The hotel wanted to charge us for ekstra pillow and bedsheets (117 yuan), as they couldn’t «see» that we have booked the deluxe room for 3 people, even though I had papers showing that I have paid for three people staying the room. After arguing with them for a long time, they finally «found» the right booking. Another JEEEEZ.
No bar at the hotel
Would definitely NOT recommend this hotel, maybe unless you’re able to speak mandarin you would able to convey that you are stuck in the elevator... ( I speak two different dialects in chinese, but it didn’t help me, as the dialects are mutual unintelligble.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star hotel in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China overlooking the West Lake. Located near Hubin Walk Street and Nanshan Leisure Avenue, it features plush guestrooms with goose down quilts and pillows, cable TV, DDD/ IDD phone, and private bath. Two (2) conference rooms provide ideal venues for meetings. A restaurant, fitness center, concierge and tour desks, and 24-hour security offer all-around convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SSAW Hotel Hubin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ssaw Hotel Hangzhou