“Need renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 1,968 Hotels in Hangzhou
indonesia
“Need renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I usually like Sofitel brand..and I hope I will feel the same as I arrive in Hangzhou,especially I had seen the room from the website,so luxury,nice,warm..but I feel disappointed when I see the rooms 345 and 314,so standard,not as luxury as the other Sofitel (like in Queenstown,Auckland)..not
like 5 star hotel.
The location is very good,very near to West lake,and also you can just walk 10 minutes to Hefang street.The receptionist could speak English very well and she served us best..
So just need renovation,especially if it's quite expensive hotel..

• Stayed June 2014
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear HC1969,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake! We are working on improvement of living environment. All ambassadors in Sofitel will continually strive to improve service quality, thus make you feel good value for money.

I’m looking forward to meeting you again soon!Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great location between the lake and town area. Recently renovated rooms and facilities. Breakfast buffet was the best we had during our tour of China. Staff were very helpful and friendly even though they were obviously quite new.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear HC1969,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Hong Kong Region, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Ideal location for tourists visiting hangzhou, very close to west lake can be reached less than five minutes by walk, very nice reception and understanding customer service. Rooms are very clean and spacious in short very ideal for business and pleasure !!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Chellasamy V,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed for 6 nights beginning of March 2014. The whole experience truly reflects the 5 star status.
Breakfast-choice was abundant and food is good. The proximity of the hotel to the Westlake is a definate plus.I would stay there again if I were to visit to Hangzhou again.

Room Tip: Stay in the deluxe room on the 4th floor. This hotel is very central to visit all the attractions an...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear TWGoh,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Planned to spend the weekend in Shanghai but ended up in Hangzhou on short notice. Was stressing out about lodging because it was a busy weekend. Ended up at Sofitel West Lake and my problem was solved.

It's China so I was prepared to be put thru the ringer for last second booking. After some negotiation, their ***extremely charming*** front desk manager Linda found me a room at a reasonable price. Linda even threw in free breakfast. Was prepared to proposed at this point, but sadly all I had was a bag of Jelly Belly.

Did not experienced the renovation problems staff mentioned. No construction noise, AC was ice cold. Room had great city view with a slice of the lake. The fresh fruits and cookies were nice touch.

Can't complaint about the location. walk thru the underpass the lakeside mall greets you with Starbucks and Haagendazs. After the familiar, venture out to the scenic West Lake and blend in with the gracious locals. Here's a pro tip - take the island ferry, two hops get you far. Walk as much as you want, then take the taxi back.

One of the best "change of plan" ever.

Room Tip: Ask for Linda Zhang.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear ChuckL_Seattle,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. It's in a great location. The only downside was that I thought we would have a lake view. It is not on the lake at all.

The staff were great, the hotel was very clean. They just recently re-painted some of the rooms. Make sure you don't get one of those rooms, unless you like breathing in strong paint air. They should open the windows to let the air out. They have a great spa that opens super late. Ask for the free breakfast.

I would stay here again. :)

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that doesn't have the paint smell.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SofitelHangzhou, Manager at Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Brigitte2000,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake.

I am delighted to read that you are satisfied with our staff and hotel cleaness. We regret that the construction work caused inconvenience during your stay. However, as you have noticed, we are on the process of renovation and we will try our best to minimize the effects to the guests.

I sincerely invite you to visit our hotel again and I believe that our hotel can serve you better in near future.

Regards,

Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake

Been to Sofitel Hangzhou Westlake? Share your experiences!