“Average, dull baristas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Starbucks (Xihu Tiandi)

Starbucks (Xihu Tiandi)
Cuisines: Café
Shanghai, China
“Average, dull baristas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I visited here once and enjoyed the view as it's near the west lake. However, I walked to the counter and was acknowledged by the staff with about as much enthusiasm as you'd get from a cadaver. After ordering my coffee I waited and the barista walked the coffee out to me with a blank expression and her arms extended, much like a zombie. I greeted her and in turn she just set the coffee down, turned around, and roamed back to the kitchen area. But, this is China, so I wasn't offended. My coffee was hot and fresh, so by local standards, they did an OK job.

Visited April 2014

90% Recommend
“Refreshing Decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

You really don't need to compliment Starbucks on their coffee and their eatables! Probably best in world! This particular cafe has a really refreshing decor! Made in green house type of style! If you are visitng Xihu Tiandi then worth to take a break rather then just taking a carry away!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New york
“Yup, it's a Starbucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Not much to say, other than that it is a Starbucks...Same coffee, same service, same prices - yay! The space wasn't very clean, but it seemed pretty busy and they were still able to act quickly and make the coffee we ordered.

Visited February 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Good for coffee cravings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a good place to satisfy a good western-styled coffee, since the stuff served by most Chinese restaurants is too sweet for me.

This branch also has a good selection of cakes and juices.

Even better, the staff are really friendly and helpful, a rarity in China!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“five star staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am giving this starbuck outlet five stars because of the staffs. i was kind of stranded there with my wife and our young baby on Tuesday Dec 17th afternoon. we wanted to go back to our hotel in Xiaoshan but no cabs wanted to take us as it was close to shift changing time. so i called the hotel to arrange a cab for me, and the hotel did with the help of the Starbuck staffs. and when the cab finally arrived 2 hours later, the driver couldn't find the place and was wiating across the street. one of the male staffs even came out and took us across the street to wait for the cab together. and this was in the rain at 3 deg celcius. the staffs here are amazing and i salute you all. thank you again.

• Visited December 2013