“One of our favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Hangzhou, China
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We live in Hangzhou and this is one of our favorite places to eat. The Yellow Curry is my favorite. The atmosphere is nice, food is great, and the staff is friendly. As a bonus the Wyndham is located very close to West Lake.

• Visited September 2013

Hong Kong
“Authentic Thai in Hangzhou”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Excellent thai food, very good service, friendly staff, mainly everybody speaks english which made my husband & me feel very comfortable & knew what we were eating. Although we did not stay in the hotel, the staff even helped us to get a taxi. Will definitely go back there again. What a beautiful hotel & very conveniently situated.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“If you want Thai food, go to Thailand and not here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Hangzhou food is generally sweet and this idea has carried through to the food in this restaurant. Not the slightest hint of spice in any of the dishes we had, very disappointing. The service as in most Chinese restaurants is "serve the food and then forget about anything else". Overall a poor imitation of Thai food at prices well above normal.
Footnote: I have lived and worked in the Far East for 15 years and I live in China with my Chinese wife, so this is not a comparison based on the odd holiday, my wife shares the same opinion as myself. It just proves the old adage, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do"

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great food and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Visited on a busy Saturday night, restaurant busy but did not impact on quality of food or service.

Food fabulous, we had the yellow curry with roti and rice, pad Thai, with a mango salad and a mixed platter to start. When we ordered we were told how long til first firsh and then we were finished, asked us if we were ready for our next course.

Thought it was great how the entire team were working together to keep things moving, from exec managers to the chef..... Everyone helped serve and clear tables . Wonderful Thai tea served throughout the meal was appreciated too!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shanghai, China
“The best Thailand restaurant I've ever tried in China”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been traveling all over China and tried different kind of food but this restaurant have one of the best food. And about the service.. Its excellent! There is one Indonesian waiter, his name is Hans that was really nice he even greeted me in Indonesian (knowing that I came from the same country as he is) and also Sharon and she was friendly and their service was really good towards us. I honestly feel contended having dinner here with my friend. We both love the food. The Pad Thai and the Green Chicken Curry was DELICIOUS!!

• Visited March 2014