“Bad restaurant but excellent wine list!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Puluowangsi French Restaurant (ZongDian)

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Puluowangsi French Restaurant (ZongDian)
Baishaquan no 1, Hangzhou 310007, China
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Nice, France
“Bad restaurant but excellent wine list!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We are in Hanghzou for hollidays, we dont care about the prices, just looking for nice experiences...
So, we went to this french restaurant and we ordered 6 dishes, the only good one was the dessert. The best that you can do is go straight to the bar and try their wine selection. They have a lot of options by glass, not expensives and the bartender has a very good talk.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

38% Recommend
Hangzhou
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Forgive me for writing a long review, but i feel this needs to be said about their customer service. So 4 weeks before Christmas, I pop into Provence to place a booking for a christmas eve dinner with my girlfriend. Upon placing the booking, I asked the server if we could order off the menu that night instead of getting the Christmas banquet. He said yes. Come the morning of Christmas eve, I get a call from an employee confirming my reservation for the night. It is then that they tell me that they are only doing the Christmas banquet that night. You can imagine my frustration when upon calling the manager, the best he could do is offer me a 12% discount on what would already be an incredibly expensive bill. Not only did I have to rescind the offer because it was too expensive, but I was left with no other place to dine that night with my girlfriend because of the incredibly short notice. Thanks for making my Christmas eve so wonderfully unmemorable.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Bad food, OK wine”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We came here for dinner and were very disappointed. We started with the South-West Salad, which was meant to be duck and bacon on a lettuce bed. What came out was a bowl of soggy lettuce with pork, bacon and potatoes on top - not good. The next course was red snapper. We got a tiny portion of over-cooked and not fresh fish that tasted very 'fishy'. The chocolate ganache dessert was heavy and not very flavourful. The only thing that was passable was the wine. It was not great, but not bad. It was the only saving grace alongside the service (the French manager was very friendly and helpful). Do yourself a favour and do not bother with Provence.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“Intimate, welcome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Provence was the setting for my birthday dinner. We had a quiet table upstairs at the back of the restaurant where we could enjoy a bottle of wine and pleasant conversation over dinner.
The food was good; the service was fine, but the highlight of the evening was the company (my daughter and friend). A good choice for ex-pats looking for familiar dinner food.

Visited June 2012
Hangzhou, China
“bad!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

the restaurant is located in a very nice surrounding, but this is the only point that will impress visitors.
the food is, friendly spoken, middle-class, the wine-list is ok.
the service doesn't know anything about french food.
the overall impression is that this restaurant tries to offer some french/western food,
but can't handle it, because there is no real french cooker.
if you wan't to get some real western food then just move 50 meters to the left and you will find "La Pedrera", a spanish restaurant, and there you get the western food you are looking for, Chef is a spanish guy, so he knows about.

• Visited February 2012