From start to finish, the trip to Hangzhou Four Seasons was great. I had contacted them in advance for some advice on various things and they were very responsive and giving me great information and never trying to up-sell anything.
When at the hotel, I was always greeted by name and the concierge was always there giving me advice on where to go, and telling me where was going to be busy that day. I can't say enough about how good the concierge service was.
The rooms are large and very pleasant with classic Four Seasons style mixed with Chinese. Hotel restaurant was great, albeit pricey.
The location is great and you can walk to West Lake very quickly and spend your days there before walking back. So there's not too much need to get taxis unless going somewhere specific on the other side of the lake.
Taxi's were a problem, both getting one to go out and getting one back. Am not sure if this is always like this in Hangzhou or taxis did not want to pick up at the Four Seasons and take you back there. Most did not know it and you have to show them where to go when you are close.
This is an expensive hotel and I was not sure about spending the money for this trip but looking back I have no regrets and it was worth every penny.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel Hangzhou
- Four Seasons Hangzhou At West Lake Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In China’s most picturesque setting, Four Seasons reveals an intimate lakeside village, melding centuries of tradition with chic contemporary style. Convenient to business and shopping, discover a tranquil enclave, woven with ponds, streams and lagoons. Experience the gentle spirit of Chinese hospitality in exclusive private dining rooms and resort-style recreation, including two swimming pools and a cutting-edge designer spa. Deftly sophisticated Four Seasons care instills confidence and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip DaoDao, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.