Amanfayun quickly redeemed itself from 4 to 5-star if not more by quickly acknowledging its early 'mistakes' of being slightly disconnected with not-so-perfect internal communication expected from our usual Aman stay (this is our 7th stay in an Aman resort in other countries).
We stayed for 4 nights 5 days in this serene, beautiful, near-heavenly place nestled in mountains & green where we saw not a single tall concrete buildings. The main purpose was to celebrate my 79-yr old father's birthday on our 4th night. However, their Western restaurant got mixed up on the date to be our 2nd night with birthday cake prepared. Aman apologized repeatedly & gave us free car-rides & little gift with extra attention to details.
What I like about Amanfayun:
1. Crisp, clear fresh air blessed with good Feng Shui (obvious with major temples surrounding Aman) that earned a rare raving comment from my father on how well he slept the first time in many years!
2. Outstanding service of the Spa in opening their yoga studio for us as an exception at 5:30 am instead of their usual opening time at 7 am for 3 days in a row. Further, we'r given ginger tea in a delicate tea pot set whereby the tea was readily heated by a long-lasting candle throughout our yoga practice. Their Bath House is also worth checking out.
3. In terms of dining experience, is the Linyin Vegetarian which serves delicacy food made by Lingyin Temple Monks serving set menu in two different price: 500 & 800 yuan. Each dish is an art itself.
4 Next favorite is Steam House which serves outstanding simple basic dishes like as fresh home-made soy milk, steam vegetable buns & steamed brown rice. The best deep fried dough or you tiao (油条）can be found here. We even came back to Steam House after a highly disappointing lunch at the Four Seasons Hangzhou where we experienced terrible salad & bread with poor service. We went there purely to check out if they deserve the good ranking & we'r glad to confirm Amanfayun was far better in food, service & especially surprised to see the 4-Seasons Hotel much 'loud & tacky' interior decor.
5. Security is excellent. There're a few cases whereby our rooms were locked immediately after we left forgotten about locking our door.
The only thing we did not like is the western Restaurant in Amanfayun: expensive & little vegetarian options (except Lingyin restaurant which offers only fixed menu). The Aman salad was overly diced with much cheese. The pesto & tomato pasta were disappointing, greasy & oily.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip DaoDao and Hotels.com so you can book your Amanfayun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amanfayun Hotel Hangzhou