“It didn't fail my expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou to your Saves list
Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.555 Fengqi Road, Xiachang District, Hangzhou 310006, China   |
Ranked #1 of 1,900 Hotels in Hangzhou
“It didn't fail my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was my first experience with a Wyndham Hotel. And it didn't fail my expectations.
Overall the service was very well, at reception, roomservice, in the restaurants and so on. The only hickup was during our arrival. I was driven from the trainstation to the Hotel with a private chauffeur. And at the entrance they really made our life very difficult in wanting us not even to stop for 10 minutes to just be able to get out and get the luggage. We had almost to bribe the parking boy to let us use one of the free parking spots. And then when finally parked, there was nobidy to help us with the luggage. I mentioned this to the deputy manager at reception, just to be sure. We had no more problems afterwards. reception was swift and professional, I got a nice room, no upgrade though.
The room is very nice, quite big, very good matrass, good linen, bath and seperate shower, good quality products. Also a good quality internet line, which is sometimes not so easy in China.
Breakfast was good, a nice selection of both chinese and european dishes. Roomservice was also well prepared and swift, quicker then announced. I didn't go to any of the onsite restaurants, so I can't comment on that.
So overall my stay was pleasant. I have a difficult time now choosing between the Wyndham and the Hyatt just a couple of 100 meters further. I think its going to be the price that will decide that next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were greeted by excellent service throughout our stay here in Hangzhou. The staff was courteous and even the bellboy gave us great recommendations on attractions and restaurants in Hangzhou. The hotel concierge was very forthcoming in making our trip a fulfilling one; they helped us booked our tickets to Impression Westlake and helped us in our taxi bookings.

The gym in the hotel was spacious with many equipment. Room was spacious and I had a view of Baochu Pagoda.

Location was fantastic. We were spoiled for dinner choices at Wulin Street which was located besides the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I really do not know where to start with this hotel. It was flawless from the minute I walked in. Having travelled in China for a number of years, I know that it is sometimes hard to get good customer service when your struggling with the local language, but the staff at this hotel go out of there way to speak english with you and are looking for opportunity to assist you. Even though they have a number of european born staff that seem to be mentoring and coaching the locals, it is good to see that they all seem to really enjoy their jobs there. I even enjoyed interacting with all of the housekeeping staff which I seldom do. Rooms are clean, breakfasts are well provisioned, with great fresh juices. Rooms are a nice size and the location is brilliant. Hangzhou is a magical place and I actually recommend you visit the place in the off season because you see more, and the ambiance is better with a little rain or fog around.

My only issue, which is not the hotel's concern is the rental bikes. They are definitely designed for locals in mind and quite uncomfortable to ride for longer periods of time. The hotel will use one of their cards to unlock the bike for a couple hours free use for their customers. I will do some more research next time and find other suppliers to get a decent bike because the city is definitely bike friendly and most attractions can be accessed in a short ride.

Room Tip: Try get a room facing Westlake and a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been four days in Wyndham for holidays last month and I would like to say it was amazing!The hotel was huge and I got a spacious room with nice view. Moreover the location was perfect, near to the west lake and at only one hour by train to Shanghai. Most of the staff are very nice and speak English fluently, which make me feel really comfortable, especially Antony from the front office is so helpful and friendly. The Cafe Royal restaurant was tasty, specially for breakfast and the Thai restaurant was amazing. From my personal opinion, I highly recommend to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I had a great time at the hotel.
Service is super super super.
Cleaniness, excellent and very clean.

And best of all the friedly staff whom i met there.
Marco was so friendly and helpful as well as Eva HE. i felt my self honestly at home.

Thank you very much for making my stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: If you are wondering where to book at Hangzhou, the real best place is Wyndham Grand. spaciaous room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and the service was first class. The Buffett was very tasty with loads of choice and the service was second to none. What a fantastic location too with a 5 minute walk to the fountain show and the lakeside bars.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We booked this hotel after viewing it online. It's appearance is different, but I really liked that difference nice we got there. Not top of the top in terms of hotels but really quite nice. My room had a great view across towards West Lake and the temple on the hill in the sunset. Close to e lake for a boat trip, tea house and walking around the lake.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Grand Plaza Royale Hangzhou? Share your experiences!